05 » VESPERTINE

authors note┋so I've decided to just post all of my drafts that I have completed for this story since it's no longer summer and I don't want this story sitting around collecting dust whilst I update "What If". I still have a few more chapters to write, so that will take some time, but as soon as they're written and edited I'll be sure to post. That being said, I hope that you enjoy the next few cheaters and continue to vote and leave comments (:

dedication┋to nikayla, who's so hilarious and such an amazing writer (even though she doesn't believe me).

song + image┋IF I BELIEVE YOU by THE 1975

████████████████████

VESPERTINE

(adj.) relating to, or occurring in the evening

) relating to, or occurring in the evening

██████████████████

"ARE YOU BUSY RIGHT now?"

I rolled over on my bed, still holding my phone to my hair as my messy blonde hair fell in tendrils around me. "It's 10 o'clock at night - of course I'm busy, West." I had began to give him nicknames, as it was senior year and about time that I did so. "I have two AP tests tomorrow morning."

"Meet me at central park anyway." Weston said, and I might've been going crazy, but I swore that I heard a bit of nerves in his usually sarcastic tone. "You can study later, right?"

"Wrong. I have to go to bed soon."

"Aspen," Weston sighed.

"Weston," I sighed back, mocking my best friend. "What do I need to come to central park for anyway? I thought you hated it there."

"I do, but ... " He sighed exasperatedly, "But you don't. So please just come, okay? I swear that I won't ever ask you for anything if you come right this instant - as fast as you possibly can."

This was a different type of Weston - he was begging me. Usually it would be the other way around, as I would either be begging him to leave me alone or to come hang out with me, but since the tables were turned I felt like I had no choice but to comply. After all, Weston wasn't ever like this, and I didn't want to upset him and close the wall that he had drilled a hole in just for me.

After assuring Weston that I would be at the park by the lake as quick as I could, I hung up and tried to get myself ready. It was the middle of fall in NYC, which meant that the air was no longer light and cool but thicker and filled with unpleasant things like the whisper of winter and the threat of snow - especially at night. At the moment I was wearing a pair of basic pair of black, Lulu Lemon leggings along with a sloppily cut white crop top. I didn't have a bra on either, and even though I was inside of my toasty penthouse my nipples were slightly erect. Nonetheless I wasn't worried, as Weston had slept in the same bed with me before I even had boobs - or as I like to call them, excuses for nipples. So after slipping on a pair of Sperry Topsider boots and a green, Marc Jacobs bomber jacket I decided that I was ready.