Chapter 18

Hank had given Devin some special formula pills to help her sleep, maybe getting rid of her nightmares, he gave her a tester one and monitored her in the lab while she slept. Alex noticed her absence and came down to the lab to see what was going on, as he walked in he saw one of the many plants you were practicing on with a weird black substance seeping out of the pot.

"Hank, what is this?" He pointed to the plant, Hank turned around in the chair.

"Oh, that's what was killing the plant. When we were practicing with her mutation, Charles and I noticed that the plant was getting rid of any 'illnesses' or 'diseases' that it didn't need by secreting that strange thick slime. It's part of the healing process, we are still working on what it actually is, but at least the plants alive again. Much like the boy getting rid of the metal bullets, same reason applies." He shrugged before turning back to the monitors.

"Okay, and what is this?" He pointed to Devin hooked up to machines.

"We are testing to see if she gets any nightmares or night terrors, but so far there's been none." Hank explains just as she began to wake up.

"Rise and shine, princess." Alex grins.

"So, how did I do, doc?" She yawned while rolling on her side to face the two boys.

"It worked, you slept perfectly fine." Hank smiled showing her the results.

"I'd call you a genius except I'm in the room," she told him as she sat up, taking off the wires attached to her head.

"Thanks..." Hank rolled his eyes before handing her the pot with pills. "But you should know that the side effects, well, they're pretty intense. I'm still working on them."

"What side effects?"

"Nausea, headaches, vomiting, internal bleeding, memory loss-"

"So, why am I taking them? I'd rather have the nightmares."

"So you don't wake up screaming thinking you've murdered someone?"

"Right..." Devin slid off the bed before shaking the pot. "It's worth it," she told herself as she walked out with Alex.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Nothing." She looked up at him, he looked confused. "What? I just want an easy day with my boyfriend. What's wrong with that?"

"Shouldn't I ask you to officially be my girlfriend first?"

"Alex...Seriously, we're practically married already."

"Okay, well there's no going back if we do this," he told her.

"I'm fine with that, besides it's late, we should just relax."

"Okay then." He smiled before kissing her forehead.

-

Both Alex and Devin were in the common room. Alex was laying down on the sofa with Devin on top of him. He had his hands resting on her back linked together. They were both watching Ororo, Peter, and Warren play against each other. Ororo was on the single sofa, her legs resting on Peter's lap as he sat on a couple of pillows on the floor on the left of Warren.

Scott was on one of the sofas, by the book shelves, near the table at the top of the room where Kurt and Jubilee sat reading. Jean was cuddled up next to Scott, his arm around her shoulder while watching the TV as well. Jean looked over to Alex and Devin, trying not to comment about Warren's face as Devin played with his blonde hair.