Chapter 17

That morning Devin found herself waking up with arms wrapped tightly around her waist. A small smile reached he lips as she realised that it wasn't just a dream, that she was with Alex and everything was okay. She heard him grumble something before rubbing his eyes, lazily laying his arm back over her before nuzzling his face into the back of her neck. Devin closed her eyes as well.

"Alex!" Devin heard Scott yell before she heard banging on his door. "She's gone! Her bed is a mess and her door was wide open." Scott continued banging before she heard him talk to someone on the other side of the door. "That's it, Alex-" Scott slammed opened the door. "Alex, do-" He paused.

She opened her eyes tiredly. Alex breathed in deeply, his arm over her waist was now up in the air as he stretched.

"What do you want, Scott?" He sighed as he relaxed again and pulled Devin closer.

"I was just checking if you knew where-" He spoke slowly. "You know what? Never mind, I can see she's here with you." Devin watched as Alex's face morphed into confusion just as he opened his eyes to look at his brother, who was looking at her. Alex glanced over at Devin and smiled.

"Good morning, princess." He smirked with a teasing tone, kissing her lips softly, she kissed back gently before a smile spread across her lips, breaking the kiss. His lips were soft and warm, gentle against her own. The memory of last night resurfacing in her mind.

Alex stayed silent, looking over her face as the curtains let in a bit of light from the moon, outlining her face. The tears rolling down her face shone against the light like stars. Alex sat up more, his eyes never leaving her face as he leaned towards her.

"Just say no if you want me to stop..." His voice was low as Devin felt his left-hand cup her face, bringing his own closer to hers.

Alex's lips touched hers, it was a feeling of a feather brushing against her skin until she leaned into him. She closed her eyes as she pressed her lips back against his. Her own hands lifted to cup his face as he moved to lay her back down against the bed, his body hovering over hers.

He kept himself from crushing her body with his body lifted, with his hands either side of her body. Devin pulled his face closer to hers making him lower himself to his elbows, a small smile etched on his face. She never expected her first kiss with Alex to be after a week of ignoring him, waking up from a nightmare and having him wake up to her staring at his chest.

In fact, Devin never expected it at all.

His lips moved against hers in sync, like a harmony. It was as if two puzzle pieces were coming together for the first time, fitting perfectly. His hair fell around her face, she let out a small laugh as the kiss broke for mere seconds before she pushed herr hands through his hair, bringing his lips back down to hers. His right hand gently placed on her left side, rubbing his thumb slowly against the skin of her hip.

He deepened the kiss, pressing his lips against hers more. Devin could hear both of their breathing deepening as they struggled for air. Neither one of them wanting to pull away first. Her fingers tugged at his hair, just wanting him to be closer to her. As of it was going to be the last time either one of them saw the other again.

Devin knew at some point she would have to pull away, but she never wanted this moment to end. She guessed that Alex felt the same as he reluctantly pulled away, resting his forehead against hers. Both of their heavy breathing filled the room.

"You know that I love you, right?" He questioned quietly. She nodded, her nose brushing against his.

"I love you too."