Is He Gonna Be Okay?

"47 year old Black Male, bullet wounds to the chest and stomach! Paramedics were able to get one of the shells from the stomach but as for the chest...." The male nurse trailed off as they wheeled Lucious down the hospital hallway. "What?! What do you mean?" Cookie asked as she held on to the side of the bed, trotting along with them. "They weren't able to get it out, as it was lodged in too deep, and if they were to go rummaging around, it could pierce the heart, so we-" "I just wanna know, is he gonna be okay?" Cookie said, her voice breaking. The nurse sighed as they stopped at Lucious's door, and the other nurses quickly took over and wheeled him in. "At this point, I really don't know ma'am..." Cookie froze, as those thoughts ran through her head. She tried to imagine life without Lucious, her other half, the only man she'd ever truly love... And she couldn't. She just couldn't. "Can I at least be with him in the room?" She said softly, trying not to start crying again. "I'm sorry ma'am, but no. We need to be hard at work, and family would distract the process. Please try to understand." She nodded sadly, and Jamal got up from the waiting room, to retrieve her. "What are they saying, Ma?" She sniffled and began. "They don't know whether he'll live or die..." "Damn, man...." Tormentó said, shaking her head as she moved closer to console her. "Well, we just have to pray that he gets through Ma. God will see us through this, I know it." Andre said, rubbing her back. Hakeem sat quietly, every now and then a few tears streamed down his face, which he quickly wiped away. He couldn't believe that all in one day, they had lost 2 1/2 people. It was all too much for him. While Jamal on the other hand, was just sick of this all. He had been close to death before, tasted its bitter nectar, and never wanted it again. He would never wish that upon another soul, not even the dark soul of his father... "It's gonna be OK, just, we-we have to stick together. Pray like Dre said and stuff." Tormentó said, stroking her hand. The doctor himself came in, with his clipboard, and sought them out. "The Lyon family?" They all looked up in anticipation and practically ran to the doctor. He looked around, and pointed towards the direction of the room. "Right this way.".............................