✆ 41

I SNAP MY HEAD around at the intruder's strangely familiar voice

It all gets familiar in a matter of seconds. Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, milk chocolate skin.

Nathaniel Todd.

I have to steady myself by holding on to my bag. I knew I've heard that name somewhere. I know exactly who Nathaniel Todd is.

His mouth quirks up in a full, wide smile and I can't help but return one.

I can say it has been a good, solid eight years. Nathan's father was very close to mine. We used to hang out at my place when we were kids.

He was my first crush and I was his. But, besides that, I deeply loved him as a best friend, until he moved away and cut all contacts with us. Actually, my father did, and I always begged him to tell me news about them, but he always shrugged me off with a frown.

As I stare at him right now, so many memories are flooding my mind. And comparing the old Nathan to this Nathan is massively sinful.

I'm staring at him dreamily, noting that he has grown up to such a fine looking guy.

"Oh, funny," a high pitched voice screams beside me. I flinch and cover my ear, rolling my eyes to Ariel's small figure.

If her voice wasn't that shrilly, maybe things would have been better for everyone.

"Ariel, your voice does not need further torture, really," I smile at her while she narrows her eyes at me.

She smirks, "Like, what are you doing here?"

"Excuse me?" I stare at her, dumbfounded.

She scoffs and looks around, trying to intimidate me. "Did you seriously not understand my question? Or do you need Carla to answer it for you?"

I roll my eyes at the ceiling, clueless to the fact that Ariel just made me forget Nathaniel is in the room.

"Ariel, you have very small brain cells." I shrug while throwing her one of my purest smiles.

My smile confuses her, and it's clear she doesn't like that I'm not affected.

   She steps awfully closer so her voice comes out only as a whisper. "Eva, I think you need to take care of yourself, alright? I saw the glances you shared with my boyfriend, Nate, and this is something I will not tolerate."

Wait. Boyfriend? Wasn't she just flirting with Sam?

A hand grips Ariel's shoulder and I take a step backward, watching her bump clumsily into Nate.

"Ariel, I think you need help, alright?" Nate seems like he's mocking her, a cold look in his eyes.

If anything, Nate looks even more good-looking up close and I feel myself sinking in his eyes.