[7] lunch date

the day after the concert was unexciting. the rest of the band had nothing important to do and they didn't want to leave, too much of a risk of getting caught by fangirls, and fanboys, and they don't want to cause a scene.

"is this what you guys do for fun?" lucy starts, breaking the silence and watching them all stare at their phones as if their eyes were glued to them.

"only when there's nothing else to do." gray responds, then silence falls over them once again.

"losers," lucy rolled her eyes at them, "i'm going out. be back soon." lucy announced as she walked through the bus and out the side door.

before lucy could even get one door out, natsu immediately stands up and starts following her, grabbing his mask and hat on the way. "can i join?" he asks, hope in his eyes, although it was barely noticeable.

"no."

"what? why not?"

"i don't want to be around you." lucy replies as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, natsu stares at her in shock, still not getting used to the feeling of being rejected.

"don't look at me like that." lucy says, then begins walking away from him. much to her disliking, natsu shuts the door behind him and walks with her.

"didn't i just say i don't want to be around you?" lucy stopped walking to look at him, squinting because of the sun and now she's regretting not bringing her sunglasses.

"ill do whatever i want." natsu childishly states, then crossed his arms behind his head.

"tch," lucy clicks her tongue at him, "fine, go ahead and do whatever you want. just do it away from me." lucy starts walking in the opposite direction, yet natsu still followed her, trying to get under her skin.

"you're really annoying,  you know that?" lucy asked, stealing a glance at him.

all she gets in return is a shrug, "eh, i don't care. i'm still loved by millions."

"i see that." lucy mumbled under her breath. natsu  pretended not to hear it but he rolled his eyes anyway.

"wanna eat?" natsu offers, knowing she'll say yes like the foodie she is.

lucy quickly stops to think how he knew that was one of her weaknesses. she stops in her tracks,  "sure! i'd love to, let's go!" she was bursting with excitement.

"i know this really good restaurant it's like 1 block down from here." natsu stated.

"then what are we waiting for? let's go!" lucy began walking faster.

"do you even know where you're going?" natsu called out to her.

"um...no." she stopped in her tracks to wait for him. shaking his head, natsu jogged to catch up with her.

"okay, so we take a turn this way..."

-

about half an hour later, the two made it to their destination and both took a table for two.

"hello, i'm your waiter for the day. what would you like for today and can i interest you in today's specialty?" the mid-aged man asked them, a dead look in his eyes.

"um, no thanks. but can i get the double bacon wrap with some fries and two cheeseburgers, and a sprite? lucy, what do you want?" natsu looked at lucy who was still looking at the menu.

"i'll have the baconator fries, a double stacker cheeseburger, a slice of pepperoni pizza and some fries- hold the ketchup, and some water please." lucy finished with a smile, leaving natsu staring at her in astonishment.

(a/n i lowkey got hungry writing this.)

the waiter wrote down their orders and left with a small nod with a mutter of "be back in a few minutes."

"i never heard a girl order a meal that can make her fat." natsu explained.

"well, i'm not really like other girls, now am i?" she asked, tilting her head in a way that made him feel stupid for asking such a dumb question.

he sent a goofy grin to her. "you're so right."

the waiter came back with their food within the next few minutes, the emotionless face walking away right after.

"my mouth is watering at the sight of this." lucy licked her lips and started eating her food.

-

lucy climbed onto the small bed, turning on the tv and starting to doze off, wanting a well-needed rest.

natsu followed her into the room and took the bunk across from hers. "yo luce !" he smiled at her, even though it went unnoticed.

"can't talk. busy." she said, getting onto her phone instead of sleeping. thinking of a way to get her attention, natsu grabbed his phone and decided to text her.

[unknown number] hey

[lucy] who is this?

[unknown number] can't remember me? i'm hurt

[lucy] i'll ask you one more time. who is this? or else you're getting blocked

[unknown number] your dragon that will save you ;)

in a quick moment, lucy threw a pillow at natsu. "how did you know it was me?" he asked.

"i didn't. but now I do. thanks. how did you even get my number?" lucy asked.

"i got your phone when you were sleeping." natsu answered.

"ever heard of this thing called privacy?" she asked.

"duh. what do you think i am, an idiot?"

"yeah, i actually do."

natsu shrugged and started to put a movie in his little tv. "i'm gonna watch aladdin, wanna watch it with me?" he offered.

"aladdin? really?" lucy quirked an eyebrow at him.

"you got something against disney?" hefake gasped, acting offended.

"no, you just don't seem like the person to watch it." responded lucy.

"oh so now you're judging a book by its over? shame on you lucy." he shook his head.

lucy rolled her eyes at him, then nudged her head, signaling for him to scoot over. with a confused head tilt, he made space for her and she laid next to him, and watched the movie. 

-