17 | Skipping school and first audition

Start from the beginning

"Pretty sure I am." She hummed and giggled softly, biting her bottom lip once more. The eighteen year old rolled his eyes and smiled, stepping closer toward her.

He placed a hand on her pale cheek, his other hand being on her hip. He leaned down, brushing their lips tiger her as the blonde grasped at his leather jacket, slightly getting up on her toes and finally pressing their lips together for a sweet kiss.

****

Liam took a deep breath as he stood in front of the classroom, waiting for his turn. He chewed nervously on his bottom lip, pacing around the empty hallway while fiddling with his fingers.

He wasn't a fan of singing in front of strangers. He could sing in front of his friends and family, but when it came to people he didn't know, he'd become really nervous. His stomach kept turning, his mind going over the lyrics he desperately tried to memorize, mumbling them over and over again to keep it in his mind.

"You're gonna be fine Li." The brunette looked up, smiling a little when he saw Gigi and Harry there. "What are you doing here? I thought you already went home?" He asked, suddenly confused to why his friends were here and not at home.

"And leave you here on your own? Hell no." Gigi scoffed playfully and rolled her eyes. "What kind of friends would we be to keep you standing here alone, all nervous and shît? I mean, we're not Zayn."

The seventeen year old looked down at his heels, sighing softly. "Ow!" He heard Harry hiss, making him chuckle a little, knowing the blonde had just hit him.

"Dîck move Harry. Seriously. Shut the fûck up before I'll beat your sorry ass up, again." Gigi warned him and shook her head. "He'll come." She assured Liam once she was done with Harry, wrapping her arms around him.

"I doubt it." The boy chuckled softly and leaned himself into her touch, sighing. "It's fine though, at least you two are here." He smiled at Gigi and hugged her tightly, the three all turning around once the door opened.

"Next please." A thick Irish accent suddenly called from inside after the student left, the friends all looking at each other. "Good luck." Gigi smiled encouragingly, kissing Liam's cheek before gently pushing him into the classroom, the boy slightly stumbling over his own two feet.

He straightened himself quickly, fixing his skirt while clearing his throat as a faint blush spread on his cheeks. "Hello there love." His eyes suddenly met with two piercing blue eyes, his blush only turning darker once he noticed the blue eyes belonged to a very handsome young Man, probably around his twenties, with a charming and thick accent.

"Uh h— hi." Liam stuttered and walked over to the center of the room, gulping nervously. "What's your name beautiful?" The man asked him with a sweet smile, playing with his pen as he watched the nervous boy's movements.

"L— Liam." The brunette cleared his throat once again, hating his stuttering. "Liam Payne." He finished and bit his bottom lip gently, rubbing his arm a little.

"Nice to meet you Liam, I'm mister Horan. I'll be the new Glee teacher, as you would say." The handsome man, Mister Horan, introduced himself, now realizing who Harry was talking about all the time in lunch. "What will you be singing?"

"My salvation by Gabrielle Aplin." He replied and smiled, hands shaking a little. Mister Horan hummed at that and nodded his head. "There's no need to be nervous." He chuckled softly, giving the pianist the sign to start playing.

With one last deep breath and his eyes closed, Liam slowly reopened them before starting to sing. "You are the avalanche."

His voice was softer than ever as he sung the lyrics, his emotions suddenly flowing free and into the lyrics, mister Horan listening closely to the student and noticing how much passion he was putting into the song which was exactly what he was looking for in a singer.

If he was honest, this was one of the best auditions he had today. No student by far has shown their passion in a song like Liam was doing right now. Every key he sang, he sang perfectly. Either high or low. It didn't matter, he just sang it perfectly.

"My salvation, my, my..." Mister Horan snapped out of it once the song suddenly ended and the young teenager looked at him with hope flickered in his eyes.

The young man smiled at the boy and looked down at the sheet of papers before him, writing something down.
"If I'm going to be honest, this was by far the best audition I had today. I could really see how much passion you put into that song and no student has really shown that today. So consider yourself in." He told him and looked up, chuckling softly when the boy looked at him in disbelieve, his lips a gap.

"Are you serious?" Liam's voice came out as a squeal, but he didn't care about that, he was too shocked.

"Yes Liam." Mister Horan smiled while the boy suddenly started to jump up and down in excite, squealing. "Oh my gosh, thank you! Thank you so much!" The brunette smiled widely, bowing a little before saying a quick goodbye and scurrying out of the classroom.

"And?" Gigi asked once she spotted her friend walk out, pushing herself off the lockers. "I'm in!" Liam squealed excitingly, immediately being pulled into a tight hug by Gigi. "Oh my god, I told you, you'd make it!" She showered his cheek with multiple kisses, the brunette giggling softly at that.

"I know you did." He smiled and hugged her tightly, burying his face into the crook of her neck. "You better be attending the talent show next month too." He heard her murmur against his hair, making him chuckle.

"I'm planning on it." The boy smiled softly and looked up at her once they pulled away. "Where's Harry?" He suddenly asked as he looked around, narrowing his eyebrows a little.

"Oh, he had to take a piss." The blonde haired american shrugged her shoulders, rolling her eyes at that. Liam giggled and looked around the hallway hoping Zayn was there too yet his heart dropping when he noticed Zayn still didn't arrive, knowing Gigi had texted him to come. He sighed softly, his shoulders slumping a little.

Gigi noticed his mood and frowned, lifting his head a little. "Let's get some ice cream once Harry's back yeah?" She smiled softly down at her best friend, running her fingers through his hair and knowing that ice cream always cheered him up.

The curly haired boy nodded his head and smiled a little, the two of them heading towards the men's restroom to continue and wait for the lad.