Chapter Nineteen: I'm Back Home

I bolt straight up. My head pounds, so I lie back down. I remember everyone being rushed out of the room, and then I was burning. I'm not burning any more. Damian and Thalia didn't leave the other times, are they here? I slowly sit up and scan around me, but curtains circle me. Another IV is on me, and a heart rate thingy is beeping. A very annoying sound.

I push myself out of bed, I feel... different. I drag the heart thingy and IV with me and open the curtain. The pain in my side is barely the dull throbing it had been. On the other side of the curtain, the Evans, Mom, Ken and Thalia are waiting. My friends are there too. Except Bryan. They are all talking, about me I think. 

"Hi." I say, interupting them. My voice is fine, not harsh like you'd expect. They all look up and Thalia runs over.

"You're okay right?" She asks. 

"Yeah." I reply.

"I told you not to scream." She scolds.

"What?" I ask.

"The glass! The windows all shattered!" Thalia exclaims. 

"I didn't hear them break." I say, confused.

"What? They were so loud." Thalia says, more to herself. She studies me for a moment and her eyes went wide.

"Thalia what's wrong?" I ask, grabbing Thalias hands. She yelps and pulls away, she rubs her  burnt hands.

"Sorry." I say, thinking about water to cool myself down. 

"What's this about her shattering windows when she screams?" Anna asks.

"Uh..." I say, what a genius response. The angel doctor walks in at that moment and looks at all my friends. 

"You are going to forget what Thalia and Ivy just said." She says with her hands raised.

"Hey! Ivy you're awake!" Anna says, looking around the doctor. 

"Thalia, you should be more careful." The angel doctor scolds.

"Sorry." Thalia mumbles. 

"Hey, Ivy we just stayed to make sure you were okay... but we all really have to go now. You'll be okay right?" Selena asks.

"I'll be fine." I smile. 

"Alright see you later!" Chris says.

"Yeah, we'll see you later baby!" Selena says.

"Get better soon!" Hannah and Anna say at the same time. 

Once they are safely out the door and the door is closed, I start. 

"What the hell happened?" I ask.

"Your fire power, it's grown. You can create fire now." Thalia says.

"Ivy! Do you know how many doctors and nurses I had to compel? They all went crazy when you started heating up, then you go and crack the windows!" Angel doctor exclaims.

"Uh huh." I say, nodding like I know what she's talking about.

"You don't even know what she's talking about." Caine says, blowing my cover. 

"Oh. My name is Kate, I have the power to compel people." Kate, angel doctor says. 

"Such a cool power." Shawn says. I role my eyes, then look at my hands. I can create fire! I concentrate on fire, then push it towards my hands. A little flame appears on each of them.

"This is awesome!" I laugh, making it a little bigger. 

"Stop it, your heart's flying, and if you don't want doctors to walk into that..." Kate says. I sigh and kill the flames. I look over at the racing heart moniter. I feel the urge to punch it, I mean like why did they have to hook it up to me?