Chapter Eleven: Attack

"MARCH BREAK! WOOT WOOT! C'MON PEOPLE LOOK HAPPIER, IT'S DAMN STRAIGHT MARCH BREAK!" Bryan screams as we walk out of school. It's been a while since my second visit to Esstia and I'm dying to go back soon. We all laugh at Bryan as he throws his pile of March break homework in the air. I bend down to help pick it up still laughing.

"Bryan, just because it's March break doesn't mean you can go all crazy on us!" Anna laughs.

"Okay this is the most random question, but I just realized, you're nineteen and you're still in highschool Ivy, you should be in like your first or second - whatever- year of college." Selena says, looking like she's thinking hard.

"Woah, that is so true. Ivy did you like fail a grade?" Hannah asks.

"No, my parents put me in school a year later than I should've went." I laugh.

"Well that explains a lot." Chris says. I roll my eyes and say quick goodbyes and 'have a good March break' to everyone before they left. I walk over to my car and set my homework down. I slide myself into the seat and look at myself in the mirror. I look at my hair, I had straightened it this morning and I adored it now. I've been looking at a mirror like every fifteen minutes. I start my drive home.

I smile when I pull in my drive way see mom reading on the porch. It had grown really warm over the last couple of days. Some people had pulled out their shorts and tank tops and wore them to school. I remember being extremely upset when Thalia told me I couldn't wear a tank top out in public, or they'd see my wings.

I walk into the house without saying anything to mom. Thalia is on the couch talking excitedly on her cell phone. I roll my eyes and walk past her into the kitchen. I take a granola bar out and start to eat it. Thalia comes running into the kitchen and takes a hold of my shoulders and then shakes me violently back and forth.

"Thalia I'm eating!" I say.

"Sorry..." Thalia says, stopping her shaking. "Guess what... KEN IS MOVING HERE!" Thalia jumps up and down like a little kid and shrieks.

"Oh my god." I say, slapping my hand to my forehead. Of course only Thalia would go crazy about that.

"Next year we're going to a university not far from here!" Thalia says.

"Shouldn't you have went to university when you were younger to get it done and over with?" I ask.

"Are you even happy for me?" Thalia asks.

"Yes Thalia, of course I'm happy for you! But I asked a true meaningful question." I reply.

"Because I wanted to spend more time with you and mom silly." Thalia says answering my question.

"Well, thank you!" I say with a giggle.

"Well, you're welcome." Thalia smiles.

***

"OUCH!" I scream as Shawn hits me in the back. Training again today. But unluckily it is with Shawn. Shawn teleports and he has been using it to his advantage. I had only managed to hit him once. He continues to teleport around me making it hard for me to know where he is.

I finally start to get pissed off again. I wait for the strange sound Shawn makes when he teleports... like a woosh. I hear it and I strike my leg as hard as I can in that direction. I hear an 'oof' and a thump. I turn to see Shawn lying on the ground.

"C'mon Ivy, that hurts." Shawn says, struggling to get up. I hold out my hand and he takes it so I help him get back up.

"Well you got me P.O'd." I reply.