What The .....

Oh gosh, I must remember never to drink again, But hang on a minute, I don't remember going out for a drink, shit was it that bad?

As I turned over in my nice comfortable bed, with its ornate headboard, which I don't have.

"Yikes!" I cried out shooting up straight in bed and immediately wishing I hadn't as my brain seemed to move from side to side and my vision swam in and out, a feeling of nausea swept over me.

Where the hell was I and more importantly did I do something I shouldn't have with someone I don't know.

A quick peep under the covers reassured me I was fine as I still had my jeans and baggy top on.

Wait a minute, I don't go out dressed like this, now I remember I had dressed like this for breakfast with the girls, I remember them saying goodbye and going to college and I was running late and then I don't remember anything, now this.

Struggling to kept my head from exploding and my vision some what clear, I took in my surroundings, I didn't recognise anything.

Shit! I had been kidnapped, who would want to kidnap me, I wasn't worth anything, my parents were fighting bankruptcy and I didn't have any rich friends.

Resolving not to cry or show any weakness, I clambered off the bed and padded over to the door, locked!

Now what, do I do? It was as I looked around my rather nice, posh, prison cell I spied a sheet of paper tucked into the corner of the dressing table mirror, shuffling over I snatched it from it resting place and scanned over the neat handwritten note.

Now you are awake please proceed into the bathroom and shower, there are clothes in the top draw of this dressing table and a dress and shoes in the walk in wardrobe, please put these on, make-up is on the dressing table, jewellery to be worn in bottom drawer of dressing table, please be ready for six pm, someone will fetch you, DON'T be late.

Wow, boss much?

But not knowing my predicament and the clock on the bedside table reading four twenty, I thought it best to do as I was told, so I set about my tasks.

I finished with minutes to spare and sat on the edge of the bed wondering what fate had in store for me, then right on cue there was a sharp knock on the door and before I had time to react, it swung open to reveal a young girl in a maids uniform and two guys dressed like English beefeaters and their attire looked familiar.

The young girl clears her throat and beckoned me to follow, had she been on her own I would have been tempted to rush by her and take my chances, but with her male escorts, I wouldn't have got very far.

With a deep sigh I resigned myself to my fate, got up and walked to the door with as much dignity as I could muster.

Trailing behind the girl and with my two chaperones right behind me, we weaved our way along endless corridors, before abruptly stopping outside a set of very large doors with two more similarly dressed guards one each side, standing erect and holding long spears, I gulped back the large lump that was stuck in my throat and waited with my escort in silence.

I could just make out muffled voices from the other side of the doors, then a loud female voice could be heard above the mumbling, still indistinct but it had a commanding presence and hushed the muttering.

The voice droned on for what seemed like an eternity, but was more likely about ten minutes, then a command I definitely heard.

"Bring her in"

The two guards with the spears leant in and each grabbed a door knob, pulled the large doors open, where upon the young female maid stood to one side and one of my two chaperones moved in front of me, whilst the other stayed behind and inched forward urging me to enter.

Taking a deep breath, I drew myself up to my full height, vowing I would not go without a fight and marched in behind the guard into the room full of people, who had all turned to stare at me.

Keeping my head down and my eyes lowered to the floor, watching the feet of the guy in front, we moved through the crowd, till we reached a high platform.

Oh god they are going to kill me was my first thought as I lifted my head up and noticed the sheer wooden wall in front, it certainly looked like a stage for a public execution.

Then as my line of sight cleared the top of the stage there stood in all her glory Queen Julianna of Masaconia staring down at me with a huge grin on her face.

Now I knew I was in trouble, my guards started to move, edging me along the front of the stage towards a flight of steps, that would lead me up to my doom.

I climbed the steps resigned to my fate, still with my head down I was ushered to the centre of the stage and only then did the guards leave me, now it was to late for me to do anything.

"Hello my dear, it's so nice to see you again, sorry for the way I had to get you here, but you didn't answer any of my messages and this was the only way I could think of" Queen Julianna addressed me.

I didn't answer, what could I say, she had me I knew it and she knew it, so I stayed quiet.

I heard a rustle and felt the Queen's presence directly in front of me.

She placed a finger under my chin and forced me to look up, as our eye's met she smiled not a vicious smile or a victorious smile but a genuine smile that reached her eyes, I stared back puzzled at her reaction, then she whispered so only I could hear her.

"I'm sorry my dear, I was wrong about you, I thought I knew best, but I didn't, now I need to amend that error"

Now more puzzled than before, the Queen stepped back and turned to face the crowd.

"My Lords, Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you, your King and Queens choice"

There was loud cheering and I couldn't help but look up to see the smiling faces of the crowd all cheering and waving Masaconian flags in the air.

"Soon to be Princess Charity the future Queen of Masaconia"