Chaper 8

Above is Pipper. Enjoy ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A servant showed me to my room, and I sat on the bed.I thought about Finn. There must be some way to break his curse. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to do something about it. I looked out the window in my room. It overlooked the pasture, and I watched Finn graze. I heard barking coming from the closet. I stood and opened the door to find a small puppy. It had a small bow around it's neck, and a message.

My Dearest Wife,

Congrats on completing your first negotiations! I give you this puppy as a present. Maybe you can take her hunting with us, when you get back.

Love, Hugo.

I smiled, "What will I call you little Miss?"

I thought about some names, Piper sounded good,I whispered it in her ear, she seemed to like the name as well. I rubbed her soft little head and carried her over to my bed. I sat down and stroked her ears thinking about Finn's situation. Suddenly it came to me. I could ask the witch to tell me how to break the curse. She must have been the one to cause it upon him. I smiled I felt pretty smart to come up with that one. I could not wait till night so I could tell Finn. I curled up and took a small nap with Piper snuggling beside me.

"May I come in your Highness?" Louna said from the other side of the door.

"Mhm." I mumbled and the door clicked open.

"A banquet will be held tonight in your honor."She said looking at Piper.

"Can you watch Piper?" I asked.

She smiled, "Of course I love dogs."

I set Piper on the ground and Louna choose a fresh dress. It was purple with silver trim. She poured hot water into a bath tub and scrubbed my shoulders. I felt clean, after. I then dried off and she helped me into my dress. Louna then dried my hair, and styled it into a small braid and curls. I slipped on some silver shoes, and Louna stayed in my room and watched Piper.

I walked down to the banquet, King Marion bowed, and I curtsied in return. I sat and servant served food. It was not much, and the banquet confirmed my recent inquires. King Marion's Kingdom was running low on food. For the rest of the night we talked about horses, politics and scandal to other families. Then when we were done I went down to the pasture to see Finn. He was a boy but I could barely see him. I took his hand and lead him to my room so we could talk. Louna left giving me a strange look, when she saw Finn. He waved and I glared at him.

"What?" He said in defense, I rolled my eyes.

I lead him in my room and I sat on my bed while he sat on the floor petting Piper.

"Why were you kicking me that hurt! And I hate the bit, and the saddle." Finn said starting to complain.

I sighed, I was starting to feel bad for horses, in my stable.

"Are you sure you are not over exaggerating?" I said raising an eyebrow.

He huffed, "MAybe just a little bit."

I smiled, Well, I think I figured out how to break your spell." I said with triumph in my voice.

Finn looked at me, the doubled over in laughter.

"What's so funny?" I said.

"I already know how to break my spell!" He said.

"What! Then why haven't you done it already?"

"It's not like I can claim myself as my own faimily member." He said.

"You mean I have to adopt you?"

"Yep." He said popping the 'p'.

I narrowed my eyes,"As a my own child or a brother?"

"Your choice." He said, clearly thinking I would not do it.

"Ok, I will adopt you." I said calmly.

"What! You barely know me!" He said, looking at me.

"And?"

"And, shouldn't you get to know me before you take me in?"

"Are you a criminal?"

"No."

"Exactly, I will announce it to my family, when we get back."

He groaned, "I hope you are not pulling my leg."

"Why would I, I love you as family." I said, I don't know why he was making such a big deal about it.

"The witch has to be there." He said, "And it has to happen when I am a horse."

I nodded, "Ok."