Chapter 3

Above is the picture of the stables. ;) Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How many times have you visited the stables." Hugo asked looking at me.

I smiled he knew how much I liked horses.

" I don't know maybe three or four times."

He rolled his eyes.

"What?!" I said in defense, "You can't talk, I know you and the library are having an affair!"

He dramatically gasped, putting his hand over his mouth, "How did you know?"

I laughed I could always count on Hugo to make me laugh. We neared the the barn our shoes tapped on the cobblestone path. We walked into the barn, and the stable hands straightened as we walked by. We soon walked up to Finn's stall, he was lying down, but when he saw us he stood up and stuck his head out the stall door. I rubbed his face, while Hugo looked at him in awe.

"How much did you get him for?"

"Only 500 coins." I said smiling.

"Wow! Have you ridden him yet?"

"No I really want to though." I said looking at my stallion closer fiddling with his forelock.

Hugo nodded, he knew my father's rule well, "How old is he?"

"I think he is about ten."

Suddenly I was lifted from the ground and slung around Hugo's shoulders.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I said laughing.

Hugo smiled but did not say a thing, but instead open the stall door and place me on Finn's back.

"You know the rule!" I said laughing.

"I won't tell if you don't!' Hugo said a smile played at his lips.

"Fine." I said smiling.

"My wife not wanting to ride a horse?" Hugo said ready to take me down.

"I did not say anything of the sort!" I said gathering Finn's mane, and smacking Hugo's hand away.

"Now me and Finn are going to walk out of this barn like dignified people." I stuck my nose up in the air and Hugo laughed.

Finn started walking forward, and I rocked unexpectedly.

"I did not apply any leg pressure." I thought confused, but I did not think much of it.

I directed Finn toward the pasture and opened the gate. We went through and I switched from side saddle to sitting like how I used to ride when I was a child. I let my hair free shaking it loose from the tight bun that it was in.

"Let's gallop like the wind Finn!" I whispered into the horse's ear, and I was about to apply pressure, but Finn rocketed off. We galloped across the field, wind blew in my hair and Finn rocked like a blade of grass in the gentle breeze.