Chapter 1

*Hi have not been on Wattpad for a while, so this will be a short story, please enjoy!The picture above is Finn.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look back at my guard, we were just coming up on the witches home. It was a short little thing, covered in moss and over-grown. A messenger had come to tell my father the king, that the witch was to give me a special steed that would protect me at all cost. Of course he could not resist the deal and sent me over to the witches home with some guards he selected. I was expecting a horse that I could go hunting with, me and my husband, Prince Hugo enjoyed the sport. I thought about my dream horse as we neared her home. She waited outside on her small porch, her long purple hair blowing in the breeze. She looked about my age, 26. 

"I take it you are here to see the horse." The witch said, gesturing to the small overgrown stable. 

"Yes," I said dismounting my horse.

 My guards followed close behind, and the witch lead me to the small stall. What I saw inside took, my breath away. The chestnut stallion inside was beautiful. His long wavy hair fell on the side of his neck. He had a small white snip that fell perfectly between his hazel eyes. He looked at me and nickered. 

I looked at the witch, "How much do you want for him?" I asked. 

She looked at the stallion, then back at me, "500 coins." 

I nodded to a guard and he threw her a small pouch, which she caught. 

"I assume you have a saddle for him?" She called after me as I grabbed a small rope halter.

 "Yes, I do." I said walking into the stall.

 I had to pick up my skirts, since the stall was so dirty. I fastened the halter around the stallions head and walked out leading the stallion behind me.

 "Thank you." I said looking at the witch, she only curtsied and walked back into her home. I tied the lead rope to the back of my saddle and had a guard help me up. Then we set off through the forest. I had to keep looking back at the stallion, he was to gorgeous not to look.

"What do you think you are going to call him, her Majesty?" One of the guards asked me.

"I think I will call him Finn, Sir." I said nodding my head.

He nodded and continued to escort me home. Soon we came into sight of castle. It was huge, since my father was always renovating, making it more "modern."

"Who goes there?" A guard from the watch tower called out.

"Her Majesty the Princess."

We walked up and the guards checked to make sure it was really me, before opening the iron gates. We soon walked in, Finn's hoofs softly clopped behind us on the cobblestone. I dismounted my horse and had the stable boy lead her to a stall, after I untied Finn. I then took a better look at him. He was much prettier than I originally thought. He chestnut coat gleamed in the Sun, but his legs were caked in dirt, and what I assumed was covered in his stall. I saw a stable boy and waved him over.

"Please wash my new stallion and get him settled in a stall." 

"Of course, your Majesty." He said bowing and taking Finn to the wash stall.

I walked inside the castle, and went to my father's study, I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He called.

I walked in to see him reaching for a book, when he saw me he climbed down from the ladder, dusting his hands off.

"Did you get to see the stallion?" He asked a smile spreading across his face.

"Yes I did, he is magnificent." I said smoothing the folds in my dress, my father loved to talk about horses I knew I might be here for awhile.

"If you don't mind I might be off to see Finn." I said, hoping to end our conversation.

He nodded, "Is that what you call him?"

"Yes."

 "Oh no, I might have gotten him started on a new subject, horse names." I thought.

"Well, don't let me hold you back."

I smile, "Bye!" I call behind me as I walkout of the study.

"Thank the heavens, I could have been there for a while."

"Have fun!" He says and I start walking to the stables.