The Newt, the Witch, and the Suitcase

Everything in Tegwen told her to walk away from the scene of the man struggling to fit himself in the suitcase, except for the one little voice in the back of her head, telling her to pursue her curiosity. 

"For the love of..." Jacob gave a final boost before disappearing into the suitcase and having it slam shut after him leaving Tegwen alone in the spare bedroom. She turned around, wondering if the noise had disturbed Tina and Queenie enough to come investigate, but the home remained silent. The woman cautiously walked over to examine the suitcase, kneeling down before it. Observing the brackets, she saw one of the locks that were deemed "Muggleworthy" before she clicked it open. Appearing before her was a normal suitcase, but when she closed it and flipped the lock over, opening again would open up something far different.

Peering into the suitcase a second time, Tegwen saw the steps leading down, along with Jacob on the ground struggling to get up after crashing down. Her hands reached to close it over but she couldn't bring herself to do so. 

"I hate myself," she sighed. "I truly do."

Climbing down she found herself in a completely different environment than the Goldstein spare bedroom. She was surrounded by cupboards and shelves filled with jars, netting, and potted plants. There were hundreds of things all around hanging from the walls such as drawings and maps leaving the area cluttered but at the same time, looking incredibly organized. 

Jacob was sitting on a crate in the distance when Newt came into view and immediately spotted Tegwen in the corner. Jacob followed his gaze and saw the woman before turning red as Newt gave him a look.

"Oh, by the way, she was in the room when I was coming down here," Jacob added innocently. 

"What are you doing here?" Newt questioned Tegwen.

 She had planned on yelling at him, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Mainly for the two reasons of, Jacob being present and the fact that all the things around her had become overwhelming in a short amount of time. She stood awkwardly in place rubbing her arm as his tone wasn't all that welcoming, then again, she didn't expect it to be. They hadn't been exactly exchanging friendlies since seeing each other again, mostly on her behalf. 

Panic rose in her chest and she felt the need to flee as her fight or flight response kicked in rapidly. She turned to go but Newt stopped her as he called out to her.

"Stay," he said, addressing her as if she were a child or a Crup pup. Her mouth opened to lay out a heated response, but she decided against it at the last second. The man returned his attention to Jacob, who had been watching the scene between the two before Newt turned his head to examine the bite on his neck.

"Ah, that's definitely the Murtlap," Newt said as he began moved away from Jacob, explaining that muggles were more susceptible to the bites. He conjured up some poultice to apply to the wound while Tegwen watched silently, still standing in the same spot. 

"Now stay still," He told Jacob.

"Yes, and if you're a good little boy, you might get a treat," Tegwen replied in a high-pitched voice. "He even might take you for a walk."

Newt turned and gave her a look, his jaw slightly clenched before she peered down at her feet.  He proceeded to hand Jacob some pills explaining the poultice would stop the sweating and the pills would ease the twitch the man was experiencing.

She couldn't help but watch as Newt decided to make himself more comfortable by removing his coat and undoing his tie, looking as though he was preparing to do some sort of work. He hacked some meat into a bucket using a cleaver before handing the bucket to Jacob.