Chapter 24: Promise

Start from the beginning

Sincerely,
James

I looked at the time seeing it was 12:30am. We still had 30-35 minutes left for it to be 1. I shut the laptop before I stood up taking my babies. Before lau and larry had the chance to leave the room, I stood still with their backs to me and spoke.

D: Can you take me to my work at 1?.....M-my boss wants to see me.

Lau: Oui belle.

Larry: It non problems...but for why?

Lau: Bro, she wouldn't be asking us to take her to she work. She would non know what she boss wants.

Larry: I knew da.

Lau: Sure you did or you non would be asking stupid questions like da one you say.

I went around them to leave them arguing and went to the nursery to change lau and larry Jr's diaper and clothes soon going to the living room placing the kids in their bouncer and headed to the kitchen making them a bottle.

------------

I looked at the time on my phone, 1:15am. I let out a sigh noticing it was getting late and I was not at the office. I stood by the door with lau and larry Jr in their car seats by my side, before I gapped my mouth to call Laurent's and Larry's name, they descended from the staircase each grabbing a car seat.

Lau&Larry: Ready.

D: Uh...yes, I'm ready.

I hoped in the backseat with the kids on either side of me. Just as the twins got in, lau in the drivers seat turning on the ignition and larry in the passenger side, they looked at each other and started quickly speaking in french.

Lau: Vous obtenez le sac bébé? (You get da baby bag?)

Larry: Non, je n'ai rien obtenu. Toi? (No. I didn't get anything. You?)

Lau: Moi. Non, parce qu'elle ne m'a pas demandé. Elle t'a dit. (Me. No, cause she no ask me. She tell you.*points at larry*)

Larry: Elle ne m'a pas demandé, frère. (She no ask me *points to himself* bro.)