Chapter 9: Both

Diana's POV:
Waking up to a fussing sound meaning the kids were already awake. I shot right up from bed, but only to make contact with the floor.

D: *groans* ugh, fuck.

Trying to get to get up I winced in pain holding my side. Laurent and Larry Jr starting crying, me knowing they were hungry. Gaining enough strength I got up heading to the kitchen were Elo had left the baby bag. Reaching the kitchen quickly digging into the bag pulling out two bottle filling it with water putting both in the microwave punching in the right amount of time to heat up the bottles.

*ding*

Taking them out, instantly pouring the in the formula and putting the cap, started shaking them. As soon as I stepped on the first step of the staircase they both began to cry hysterically. I rushed in my room ignoring the horrible pain, gave them their bottles shushing them down. As soon as they got quiet, I went to the fully mirror that was at the corner of the room crouching forward taking off my shirt slowly and through it the side. Straightening my posture I glanced down to my ribs seeing a huge bruise. As soon as I lifted my left hand and my fingertips barley touching the bruise that was on my right side I cried out in pain, cursing in spanish.

D: Ahhh, hija de tu puta madre.

The door creaked making me turn and look at who it was. Laurent.

Laurent: Belle? You...

D: I'm fine.

Laurent: You non fine, you hurt, lemme see.

Not wanting to argue while I'm here in the room in front of my sleeping babies, I removed my hand slightly straightening up facing him, he scrunched up his face in sorrow, and anger. Walking up to me he took my hand pulling carefully to the bed.

Laurent: Sit.

D: Laurent.

Laurent: Non belle, non talk and its Lau to you.

He said, before he walked out my room and coming back seconds later with ointment and a bandage. I stood up as he opened it scooping out a descent amount on his fingers as lau gazed the cream on my ribs I rose up my left hand placing it on his neck squeezing it slightly letting him know he was hurting me.

Lau: Je suis désolé.

Not the I know french, but I was assuming he was saying sorry.

D: Its not your fault. Keep going don't worry about me.

Lau continued rubbing the ointment, when he was done he wrapped the bandage around my ribs. I turned slightly to eye my babies seeing them sleeping with the bottles sticking out of their mouth, the scene made a smile tug the corner of my lip, but that soon faded away when I felt a sting and something wet on my shoulder making me hiss and squeeze Lau's neck.

D: Ugh!

Laurent: I'm sorry– I –it just, you have a bruise.