Laced

I woke up Thursday morning and stretched. I knew my mom was gone to work, so I would have to cook for myself I sighed, going into the kitchen.

Cereal it is.

I fixed my fruit loops and walked into the lounge room, curled up on the couch. I went to Netflix twenty minutes into an episode of Criminal Minds, the door opened. I looked up confused, only to see Josiah.

"Broooo." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"I came here because we need to talk." He said.

"We don't have shit to talk about." I told him.

"Obviously we do. I thought we left off as friends but I feel pressure." He said.

"Ain't no pressure. I'm not about to be your BestFriend like I don't have feelings for you." I stated. He picked my legs up, sitting down and placing them over his lap.

"You still love me?" He asked. I glanced at him.

"I didn't say all of that." I said.

"Here you go putting these damn walls up." He mumbled.

"Nigga you want space remember? Why the fuck you acting like you got amnesia?" I said.

"Calm yo ass down," he mumbled. He could tell I was getting mad. "You know I needed space after what you did." He said.

"What I did. What the hell did I do?" I asked sitting up. I was about ready to slap his ass.

"You ain't tell me Lace was your ex. You know that's my nigga." Josiah said. I looked at him for a minute.

"I don't speak on Lace." I said.

"Then why you still fucking him?" I was all the way surprised when he said that.

"Nigga what? How I fuck a nigga that's in jail?" I asked.

"You know about those visits."

"Really fam? You trippin. I haven't talked to that nigga since he got locked up two years ago." I said.

"Ain't you supposed to be riding for him? You dropped him as soon as he got arrested. I thought about what if that was me. You wouldn't ride." He stated.

"You really dumb." I mumbled. He glared at me.

"Chill with that shit." He said.

"I was happy as hell when Lace got locked up. I'm glad he's locked up. Fuck him. I hope they keep him there for the rest of my life." I stated.

"He got out this morning." Josiah told me. My heart stopped. Tears poured from my eyes. Josiah was astonished. He pulled me into a hug.

"Why is your bipolar ass crying right now?" Josiah mumbled. I couldn't talk.

It's only a matter of time before he comes looking for me.

He said if I ever left him he'd kill me. He meant that shit.