Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Kailani

"I don't like that Hall guy," Lincoln said as he sat down beside me on the couch. "Something is up with him."

"Tell me about it," I said. "He doesn't even know me and he was trying to get me to live with him. I'm perfectly fine living here and there hasn't been any complications."

"This might sound crazy, but....Do you think he's part of the dark side?" Lincoln asked.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"Think about it," Lincoln said. "He lived somewhere else and he just recently moved here, and our powers just recently started acting up. Not to mention he was so determined to get both you and Simon to live with him. You heard Simon. Hall never cared for any of the foster children, so why else would he try to get Simon back when Simon is perfectly fine here?"

I didn't even reply. Lincoln had a point, a really good one.

"I mean, I'm not saying he is for sure, but it's a chance," Lincoln said.

"But if he is, then how would he know if Simon and I are two of the elements?" I asked.

Lincoln shrugged. "Maybe he found out Simon is one while he was fostering Simon and since you're his twin sister, you must be one too."

"We really need to find out for sure," I said. "If he is part of the dark side, we need to make sure he doesn't get me and Simon to live with him."

Lincoln snorted. "Kailani, trust me, he won't get you and Simon to live with him. You've been doing perfectly fine living here and you're going to be eighteen in about a year, so there's really no point of taking you away. And if you're still living here, they're going to let Simon stay here as well."

Simon came down the stairs, rubbing his eyes. His hair was sticking up all over the place and it looked like he could barely keep his eyes open.

"You okay?" I asked.

Simon nodded as he sat down on the chair. "Yeah, I just....Didn't get that much sleep. I was up all night thinking about Hall and how he's trying to get me back."

I looked over at Lincoln and Lincoln nodded. I then looked at Simon. "Lincoln and I think there's a possibility that Hall is part of the dark side," I said. "It would explain our powers acting up because he moved here recently and how he's trying to get me and you to live with him. If he somehow found out you were the air element, then it could have clued in that I must have been one since I'm your twin sister."

Simon sighed. "Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't really want to think about it, though."

"Why did he stop fostering you, anyway?" I asked.

"Too many complications," he said. "When my social worker came for a check up, I told him I couldn't be there anymore. Hall was just very....strict. And secretive."

"Secretive how?" Lincoln asked.

"Well, for one thing, we weren't allowed anywhere near his office," Simon said. "Even if we were just walking by it, he thought we were snooping and he would punish all of us. Not just the person nearby. Literally all of us, I guess to reinforce his rules."

"All signs are pointing even closer to him being part of the dark side," Lincoln said. "Our powers acting up, him trying to take you two, being very secretive. So what do we do?"

"Nothing," Simon said.

"What?" Lincoln asked. "We can't do nothing."

"We have to," Simon said. "Look, if he's onto us, well me and Kailani at least, then we have to focus even more on controlling our powers so when the time comes to it, we will be able to use them to do what we please and take down the dark side."

Lincoln sighed and leaned back into the couch. "I hate not doing something about it."

"Me too, but it's for the best," Simon said. "Especially if he's only onto me and Kailani. He probably doesn't know about you and Heath, and he might not even know there's a fifth element."

"You're right there," Lincoln said. "At least we don't have to worry about Hall looking after you two. There's no way they're going to take Kailani away and if Kailani stays, you're going to stay."

"I don't know, Hall is a very determined person," Simon said right as Marvin walked inside the house.

"Are we talking about that Hall guy?" Marvin asked.

"Yeah," Lincoln said. "We don't have to worry about anything, right?"

"Right," Marvin said. "I was already talking to Harris. He agreed that it would make no sense for Hall to take the two of you."

I released a sigh. Thank goodness. I knew Lincoln was right when he said it, but hearing Marvin say it made me feel even more relieved. All we had to do know was to train like there was no tomorrow and to keep Hall off of our tail.

_________________

Three chapters left, all of which are planned. Again, if I take longer than a week to post, please feel free to tell me to do so on my profile. I usually forget about Vitality and if someone asks for an update, I'll do it within a day or two.

But we're in for a wild ride. ;)