Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Lincoln

"Can we watch something else?" I asked Kailani. "This is very boring."

Kailani rolled her eyes. "Just because it doesn't have explosions are car chases doesn't mean it's boring," she said.

"Yes, it does."

Kailani sighed and continued watching the movie. I, on the other hand, was watching Kailani instead. She was such a beautiful person and I was really happy she was actually my girlfriend now. I just hated that it took me so long to realize I had feelings for her.

Kailani caught me looking at her, so she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing," I said. "You're just....so beautiful."

Kailani smiled her beautiful smile. "Thanks."

"I'm serious," I said, brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm happy you're my girlfriend."

"And I'm happy you're my boyfriend," she said.

I smiled back before pressing my lips on hers. I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her softly.

Unfortunately, we were cut off when Simon suddenly called Kailani's name from upstairs.

Kailani pulled away and sighed before getting off the couch. I followed her upstairs and to Simon's room, raising my eyebrows to see it raining from the ceiling. Simon was by his bed, trying to cover all the books laying on the bed with a blanket it prevent it from getting soaked in the rain.

"Can you make this stop?" Simon asked once he saw Kailani. "It's not funny."

"I didn't do it," she said. "But I'll try stopping it." She lifted her hands, looking at the rain pouring from the ceiling and tried stopping it, but that only made it pour down faster.

"Really?" Simon asked.

"I'm not trying to do that," she said. She tried again, but the rain didn't stop or even lighten.

"Hurry up before my dad comes home," I said.

"I'm trying," she said. Kailani closed her eyes and took a deep breath, pure concentration written across her face. Slowly, the rain began to die down before completely coming to a stop.

"Now the room is soaked," Simon said with a sigh.

"How did that happen anyway?" I asked.

Kailani shrugged. "I don't know. All I know was that I didn't do it."

"You weren't sad or anything?" Simon asked.

Kailani shook her head. "No. In fact, I was the complete opposite."

Simon furrowed his eyebrows. "Weird. I'll see if I can find anything about that." He gathered all the books off of his bed and brought them downstairs.

Kailani and I went back downstairs to watch the really boring movie I didn't want to see. So instead, I decided to distract Kailani by either randomly hugging her, or kissing her neck. She tried to get me to stop, but she soon accepted it.

Well, until Simon sighed loudly. "Do you two have something against me?" he asked.

I pulled away from Kailani and looked at Simon to see what he was talking about. I was a bit confused to see some vines growing around the table and latching onto the chairs. "Uh...." I said. "I'm not doing that."

"Well, you are the earth elemental," Simon said. "I'm not doing this. Just make it stop."

"Okay, okay," I said, standing up from the couch. I focused my sight onto the vines, imagining them shrinking. However, that only made them grow more rapidly and extend their grasp all around the house, even the front door.

I sighed, trying again, but nothing changed. I was even going over everything Simon said while he was training us, but nothing was working.

There was a knock on the front door and I moved around the vines, trying not to touch any thorns. "Uh, yes?" I said loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

"Can we come in?" I heard Heath ask. "And by we, I mean me and Wendy."

"Um, you're going to have to go through the back door," I said.

"Alright," Heath said, not questioning why.

It wasn't long before the two of them walked in through the back door, their eyes widening at the sight of vines all over the house. "So, it wasn't just us?" Wendy asked.

"What wasn't?" I asked.

"The electricity went haywire at my house," Wendy said. "I was just watching TV and the lights began flickering on and off and thunder kept trickling from my fingers."

"And I may or may have not set my backyard on fire," Heath said. "By accident, of course. I was just eating some food and the grass caught on fire."

"Okay, this is really weird," Simon said. "I'll keep trying to figure out why. And Lincoln, like you said, your dad is going to be here soon...."

"Right," I said. I went back to work on trying to make the vines disappear, which did take a few minutes. I thankfully was able to do it soon and when I did, I flopped down onto the couch. "That was hard. I have no idea what's going on."

"Don't worry, Simon will be able to figure it out," Wendy said. "I'll go help him." She walked over to the table and sat down beside Simon.

"If I accidentally set your house on fire, it wasn't my fault," Heath said.

"Come on, you're not going to set my house on fire," I said.

"I don't know, I can feel the fire within me just growing," he said. "Almost like adrenaline, but more....fiery."

"Yeah, same here," Kailani said. "There's this feeling I always get when I'm swimming and I'm feeling that now."

All of a sudden, the wind began to pick up strongly in the house. Simon sighed and was, surprisingly, able to stop it quite quickly.

"Does it have something to do with your amulets?" Wendy asked.

"Well, considering you don't have one, I don't think so," Simon said.

"Oh," she said. "Because while that was happening, your amulet was glowing."

After she said that, Simon stared at her for a bit before quickly grabbing one of the books set on the table and flipping through the pages. He stopped on one and began reading it before shaking his head. "No," he said. "No no no."

"What?" Wendy asked.

"The amulets act up when a dark force is near it," Simon said. "If it falls into the wrong hands, they can use it to control our powers, control us."

"So...." Wendy said.

"The dark side is in this town."

__________________

Yes, an update! :D And I have a few more chapters planned out, so there shouldn't be a wait as long as the one there just was. I'll try to update again within a week and if I don't update next Wednesday, please feel free to ask/tell me to do so on my profile because I might get caught up in my other books and forget.