Chapter 19 ★彡

Start from the beginning

Ash and Serena exchanged glances at each other as Dawn let out another long sigh. The raven haired boy leaned back in his chair and analyze the situation.

"So the two of you are technically in cold war at the moment." He concluded and Dawn agreed with a nod.

Suddenly, Gary paced into the cafeteria, causing Dawn to jolt up in her seat. The three watched as the mahogany haired boy headed straight for their table. Serena could hear her friend nervously gulp as he came closer and closer.

Just as Dawn was about to stand up to say something, Gary walked right past her, giving her a weary glance but nothing more. The blue haired girl sat back down and turned away with dejected huff while Serena tapped her in comfort.

"Ash, one of our players sprained their ankle during practice, so they're unable to participate in the tournament." He looked at the raven haired boy with pleading eyes. "Can you fill in as a substitute?"

"When's the tournament?" Ash asked.

"In five days. We're up against the Kalos Academy, which was always known to be a powerhouse in the field of basketball."

Ash took a moment to consider, then nodded in agreement. "Count me in."

"Thanks for helping, you saved my life." Gary slapped the him on the back, relieved.

Ash gave him a thumbs him, "but in return, gimme two tickets for the tournament."

Gary gave him a confused look, but pulled two tickets out of the pocket and handed it to him. Ash passed one to Serena.

"Are you going to come?" He said.

"S-sure, if you insist." The honey haired girl stuttered with a blush as she took the ticket out of his hand. Ash smiled at her, then handed the other ticket to Dawn. "This is from Gary."

"N-no, what are you doing?" The mahogany haired boy denied with a blush as he stomped away.

After he left, Dawn sat up straight and crosses her arm with a pout. "Jeez, what's with his attitude?" She complained. "I was going to apologize, but definitely not anymore!"

"Now now, I think you should calm down." Serena laughed nervously, then turned to the heartthrob. "I thought you were in the soccer team, you know how to play basketball?"

"He should know how since he agreed to play so easily." Dawn pointed out.

"Oh yeah, you're right." The honey blonde sweat dropped as she looked at Ash for confirmation. But he only shrugged indifferently.

"No, I don't."

The two girls stared at him blankly.

"You've got to be kidding me."

➖➖➖ Σ(゚д゚lll)➖➖➖

The last school bell of the day rang with a lingering echo, which was quickly replaced by the sound of footsteps that travelled through the halls to the outside. Everyone hurried through the school gate like a swarm of bees and in minutes, the school yard was empty.

"I'm going to practice in the basketball court. Wanna come?" Ash slipped on his jacket, his school bag comfortably hanging off one shoulder. Serena nodded and followed him to the back of the school, where the courts were.