Chapter 10

Right after I had fallen asleep a weird sound woke me, but when I heard it, it wasn't a bother. BOOM! The ground shaking woke me from the second loud boom. I shot up immediately from my laying position when the third hit. Then I saw something hit the water it immediately blew up sending booms and lights to go everywhere. A bomb. Ive learned about them before once in school and had a experience once with my mom. When a bomb hit the mainland Cindy and I hid in our under ground bunker outside of our house for days when people were aiming at the mainland. But once we got cleared from the bombing we were safe. I remember that day so vividly I was playing with my dolls in my room when the first bomb hit. I remember hearing it and dropping the dolls and walked to the window. I saw people running away and screaming and then my mom come running into my room picked me up and ran out the back door. I kept asking questions, but got interrupted by my mother. She told me not to ask any questions, and to not question anymore, since that day I never questioned her again. I was so scared and young. I was fragile, I had so many questions and I was still learning about the world and never thought people could be so scary. And I couldn't ask why and what people could do with us with their powerful weapons. It made me wonder more about the world. The flashing of the bomb got me up. I stood up right away and worried where the bombs were coming from. I heard the planes and then saw one above the town. And another one right above me, I didn't know what to do. I was so scared I stood right where I was, watching the lives about to get taken away by these bad people. Then something grabbing my arm and started to run, we were heading to the forest. The person was wearing all black, like a long black cloak or something. I couldn't see their face because of the cloak and partially because it was dark outside, but I could see a image when the bombs would land. The flash from the bomb would give me some light to see who grabbed me. I didn't know wether to be scared by the bombs or the stranger grabbing me. Could it be a bad person? Someone to kill me? But I was too focused on my stepping to wonder. The person who had me stopped sending me to run right into the person. When I ran into them I was going to ask why they stopped, but I would have stopped too knowing what had happened. Everything that was happening stopped. The bombs stopped mid air, trees stopped falling, and the noised stopped. Then after a couple seconds everything went in rewind, the bombs going up instead of down, the trees going back in place. Then it switched to morning like an actual switch getting turned on from night to day. Then the person let go of my hand. And turned around, the person threw their hands up, I thought they were going to hurt me to I flinched and use my hands as a shield for protection. They noticed and stopped for a second and continued. I thought they were going to hurt me, but they were going to take the hood off from the cloak. Silly me, I thought. They revealed their cloak and underneath it was a girl. A girl with short blonde hair. "Who-o are you-u?" I questioned. "I'm Emma, Emma bloom." She said confidently and threw her hand out for me to take. "Pleasure to meet you," I kind of questioned, she shook my hand and dropped hers "The bird sent me to find you." She said brushing her hands and then her hair while turning around to the forest. "Come on the birds waiting." She snapped and started to walk. "How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, she stopped in her steps "You don't really have a choice." She turned to me and said softly shaking her head and turning around. "But I do have a choice." I softly said back. "I don't know if I can trust this ever so bird, she might be bad." Emma stopped and fast walked to me. We were face to face and I could feel the heat coming off her bright red face. "Miss Peregrine is the nicest person you'll ever meet. She would never hurt anything not even a fly. Now she's waiting, let's go." She snapped again. I knew I wasn't going to win so I followed this Emma girl and hoped for no harm to come to me. I said a small prayer and watched me feet to make sure I wasn't going to fall.