Chapter 9: A Revolution

Chapter 9: A revolution

It took only one night to take over the Emerald Land. Every green girl who were there, had been slaughtered, all the others ran away. Nobody was left. That way, the ex-king disappeared as well. Haku was the only one left. They even took the Queen away. She wandered around the streets. The whole land looked death. Many homes were destroyed. Everyone, everyone was gone. Only Haku was left, the only one with the white hair. She was all alone. She even saw Miku. Why did she had to die? This isn't what she wanted. She didn't want Miku to die. She just wanted her back. She wanted her friend back, but she was dead now. She wasn't there anymore. Why wasn't it her? Why didn't she just die? What would happen now?

Meiko stood at the graveyard. She faced that one particular grave: ~Hatsune Miku~. When she sent that letter to the Queen, she didn't wanted it to end like this. She only wanted to cause a little rampage, but not a whole assassination. She held the green rose she received from that girl. It was a symbol of the honor of the Emerald Land. Where was that honor now? Why did she do that? She regretted everything. Kaito lay his hand on Meiko's shoulder. She nodded. It was time for their plan. She was in her room again, preparing. She took the royal red armor. It was time for vengeance. She watched herself in the mirror. She felt despicable. She was as evil as the former Queen. She just thought about herself. In her rage, she reached for the sword that stood next to her, took her hair and with one powerful swing, she cut it off. Her hair was now short, but still she didn't look different. She was still as evil as before. She was so angry. It was the fault of the reflection. Her raged caused her to punch the mirror. She screamed and felt every little piece of glass carve her skin. She stopped when her hand was full of blood. She finally was calm again. She had to put an end at this. She had to...

Len didn't know what to do. He just stood there in the middle of the garden. A tear rolled down his face. He had done the worst thing ever. How could he be so blind. Suddenly he felt someone, hugging him from behind.

"Len, thank you for being there for me. Always..." Rin said, but he didn't really listen. A little while later she sat alone at the bench in the garden house. In front of her, on the table, there stood the  brioche he served her a while ago. He went there and sat next to her. She smiled happily, so innocent. He couldn't do that. Not now. He was too depressed.

Meiko and Kaito were ready. They would attack the main village of the Golden Nation and destroy the Queen. It was only a matter of time for them to conquer. They were with many people. citizens of the Ruby, Sapphire and even Golden Land were helping them. This was their army. This would be Kaito's revenge. Rin would die!

Rin was just sitting in her room. With the Green Nation destroyed, she could make plans to dominate the Sapphire Land. She grinned. Her life was good. Suddenly somebody knocked and came in. It was Len. He looked pale.

"What's wrong?" she asked. He didn't answer right away, but just looked concerned. Straight away, she heard people yelling from outside the castle. She immediately looked down the window. "They are soiling my castle!" she uttered.

"Rin," Len finally uttered, "I'll buy you time, so run. Run somewhere far away!" She watched him with a shocked face. Why would she had to run?

"Run? Where? Why? I am the Queen! This is my country. It's mine!" What was Len talking about? She wasn't scared of them. She wasn't going to run away! But she still saw the concern on his face. ""This is nothing more than a revolt... We can easily suppress the people, right len?" He was silent for some seconds. She only heard the ticking of the clock.

"Rin, it's not a revolt." Then what was it? What was this all about? She heard the sounds of the masses getting closer. "It's a revolution!" Rin shook her head. This couldn't be true! He was lying! Len was lying! In an instant, she became frightened. She ran to the window again. What should she do? They would kill her! She was done for! She almost cried, but then someone put a cloak on her shoulders and pulled her away. It was Len and he was wearing something different! He hugged her tightly and whispered in her ears.

"Here, I'll lend you my clothes. Wear them and immediately start escaping." She got what he was saying. He was going to... Going to... She couldn't stand it anymore. A tear rolled from her face. "It's fine. We're twins after all." He dried her tears with his finger. "Nobody will be able to tell the difference." He gave her one last peck on her forehead, just as he did with Miku, and pushed her away behind him. He was wearing one of her dresses. This would be his sacrifice for her. Rin turned around to stop him, but he did this all for her. She couldn't let his sacrifice be in vain. The last thing she saw him do was take off his hair-tie. With his hair loose, he really looked like her, but they were twins after all. She nodded and took off, leaving him behind.

'I'm now the Queen,' he thought, 'and you're the fugitive. If they must call you evil, then alas, I am too, because we share the same blood. I killed Miku and now I'm going take responsibility for that.' He stepped forward to face his fate.