Chapter 5: You're my Queen and I'm your Servant

Chapter 5: You're my Queen and I'm your servant! 

The Golden Land, a country ruled by an evil Queen of fourteen years old. She was so darkened with jalousy, she didn't even saw her savagery. When she was a child, her twin brother, Len, was taken away by their father. She thought she would never see him again, but destiny put them together again. When he wanted to talk to her, the guards took him away. He was now waiting in the dungeon for her to come.

Rin sauntered through the basement. 'It was Len!' her head kept saying. 'I saw Len!' It had been ages since she had seen him. She hadn't even noticed she missed him so badly. She wondered what happened with him all this time. Why didn't he come before? She finally waited at one of the prisons. Len was in there. He was watching the ceiling. The boy didn't even notice her. It had been so long.

"What's your name?" she suddenly asked. He watched her way. Why was the Queen visiting him? Why would she ask such a question? Was she going to punish him for what he did.

"Your highness," he began, "it wasn't my intention to hurt you in any kind of way. Forgive me if it looked that way. I just wanted to ask you a question."

"I asked you what your name was, not what happened today." Her voice was cold. Even though she wanted to sound warm, she couldn't. When was the last time she sounded warm? It felt like an eternality.

"My name is Len, your majesty." It was him! 'Len is back! Len is back!' Her heart pounded faster. But what if it was just a coincidence?

"What did you want to talk about?" This could be a way for him to prove he was her brother.

"I have amnesia, majesty. I don't remember anything from before my 10th." This made sense. He didn't know who she was anymore. That's why he didn't search for her. But why did he approach her today? "Still, I keep getting dreams. Actually, I don't think they're dreams. I think they're memories of my past. I always see a girl with me running on a beach. We're playing a game. There's a ghost who wants to eat us or something. I believe that girl is you, your highness. That's why I wanted to talk to you. Do you perhaps know anything about my past? Please tell me, your highness." Rin couldn't utter a word. She just stood there, watching her brother. It really was him. She found Len. Suddenly she broke down. She fell on the ground and cried deeply. It had been so long since she'd cried. She never thought she would lose her coolness, but she was just so happy and emotional at that time. She was shedding tears for minutes before she could say anything.

"You're back, Len. You're my brother!"

It took some time for Len to realize what she'd said. He found a family member! At last! Rin, his sister, took him to one of the rooms in the castle. He never thought he would be standing here next to the Queen. She told him the whole story about their past. He finally remembered some things. He couldn't believe it. But he wasn't only her brother, they were twins and he was the oldest. He felt horrible by that fact. If anyone would find out about him, she wasn't the oldest heir anymore. He would have to rule the Golden Land. It wasn't his place to take her position. Len couldn't stand it. They had to arrange something so they could see each other all the time but didn't involve her abdication.

"I know," Len said, "If nobody knows I'm your brother, they won't find out. But there should be a way to be together. You're the Queen and I'll be your servant. I will protect you and serve you. I'll do anything to be what you want me to be. Nobody will notice." She was tongue-tied. He would do that all for her? She ran to him and gave him the strongest hug she had ever given somebody. It even made him fall. Her heart pounded so fast. They were finally together! Nobody could separate them. He smiled and put his forehead against hers as they used to do when they were kids. "So just be yourself and smile. That makes you the beautiful sister I know."  They stood up again, but Len kneeled. "I swear, my Queen, I will always protect you." He took her hand and kissed it like they did the formal  way. Now he was her servant and he would be there for her, so they could be together for eternality.