Chapter 8: The Difficult Task

Chapter 8: The difficult task

"Prince Kaito?" someone asked after knocking on the door. "It's Haku. Can I come in?" Kaito replied with a 'yes'. The door opened. "Excuse me, your highness, for me to interrupt you, but I have something important to tell you." She told him everything she saw the last night, but he didn't listen. He already knew Miku was in love with that boy, but he just didn't want to hear it and sent her away. If this didn't work, she just had to go to somebody else, somebody with power. She already knew who that would be. She smiled. She would break everything Miku had now until their friendship was the only thing left. Then they would be together again. Her revenge was sweet.

Meiko, the Queen of the red country, laughed. She finally came up with a plan to destroy the Green Nation. That stupid girl just gave her some valuable information. It was the only thing she needed. Now she'd found the soft spot of the Green Country. Only one little hint and she could suppress everyone. The Red Country would grow again, all because of one silly event. She was brilliant! She could do everything right now!

"James," she called her servant, "arrange an appointment with..."

The Queen of the Green Land stood up. She was a bit worried. She heard it wasn't going well in the Golden Land. It was a good choice to sign the contract of the Red Land. Now they were militarily protected. Still, something didn't seem right. That's why she asked Miku to come to her. The girl stood at the end of the throne room.

"You asked me to come here, majesty?" Miku was formal, even though she and the Queen were friends. The Queen nodded.

"Yes, is everything okay with you, Miku? You seem a little bit distracted. It's like you're avoiding Kaito for some reason. I'm a bit worried about you two."

"Don't worry, majesty, everything's fine. Kaito is just a busy." It had been three weeks since she'd seen him. The last time was when she met Len. Did he know about them? All this time, she had been seeing him almost every night. They were always at the well. All those nights were the most magical ones. Was it wrong what she did?

Rin rid her horse, Josephine. She really had to blow off some steam. How could those stupid governors reject her proposal? Her plan wasn't watertight. Who cared? No plan is ever watertight. Everything has a weakness. But her plan also wasn't detailed. She didn't had enough information about how to fulfill it. Many people could get killed. She was the QUEEN! Everything she wanted had to be done, but those stupid governors didn't want to work with her. It was just so frustrating. They said it would affect the peace of our country. Silly men, there isn't peace in this world anymore.

"You are very talented at horse riding, my lady," Len praised her. She stopped to greet her brother. "I have something for you, your highness." He held a letter in his hands. The Queen stepped off Josephine. She accepted the envelope and nodded. He bowed and went back into the castle. It was weird for him to suddenly play servant again, but he had to. Anybody could see them right now. Rin opened the letter and smiled. 'I guess my plan can still work,' she thought.

This night, they would be together again. Len really looked forward on seeing Miku again. It had been two days now. Even though it were just two days, it seemed like eternality. They were together for three weeks now, so this couple would meet up at the well when they first kissed. Last time, she also gave him a letter. His first love-letter. It seemed like a dream, but he was really head over heels for her. He only had to do some chores and then Rin would go to bed and he would sneak out the castle and go. There were only some minutes left, but then somebody came. It was another servant of Rin.

"Her majesty asked you to meet her in the throne room," he informed Len. What was that all about? He hoped it would take that long. whatever it was about, it should be important. She never called him to the throne room. He rushed there and opened the door.