Chapter 12 - "Who was the girl?"

Riley was on a mission. A mission to come clean to her parents and her friends about her relationship with Lucas. Her friends would be the easy part. They wouldn't care, but her parents, they weren't going to be as accepting.

She busts through her front door and marches herself right up to her mom and dad. "I need to tell you something and I need you to promise me you'll have an open mind about it."

Her parents don't say anything, they just share a look, nod their heads and sit down at the table.

Riley knew there was no easy way to break this to them. They had already warned her about lying and sneaking around. A few months ago she was grounded for spending the night out with Lucas, so this was still a touchy subject but no matter what she had to tell them.

She paces a little back and forth before blurting it out, "I've been dating Lucas."

They don't respond so she continues, "I know I disappointed you guys and I promised I wouldn't keep any more secrets but I was scared you'd forbid me from seeing him and I know you think he's trouble but I swear he's such a good guy you just have to give him a chance—"

"We know." Her father Cory says, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You know? You know what? You know he's a good guy or you know we've been dating?" The look on her face must've been amusing because they start laughing.

"Both." Her mom says with a smile.

"How did you know? Who told..." She pauses, "It was Josh, wasn't it?"

"He told us the day after Thanksgiving."

"Lucas and I weren't even official yet." She furrows her brows in confusion.

"He told us that you and Lucas were starting something and that we should trust your judgement. He told us not to get upset or overreact and that when you were ready you'd come to us." Cory says.

"And you did." Topanga adds. "We're proud of how responsible you've been."

"Every text message you'd send him about where you were and what time you got there, he'd forward to us."

Riley stood there in disbelief. A part of her was relieved, she didn't have to have this big dramatic fight with her parents but on the other hand she was hurt. Since her parents knew the whole time she didn't have to sneak around and hide her relationship with Lucas. The two of them could've been public and all of this nonsense would've been avoided.

She had some choice words for her brother but she'd deal with him later. Right now she was happy her parents we're open to the idea of them being together. She lets out a dramatic sigh, giving them each a big hug. "Thanks for being so understanding."

"Where are you going now honey?" Topanga asks as Riley heads back toward the door.

"I've got some more sharing to do."

————————————————

Riley texts her friends and has them all meet her at their old hangout place; This really quaint Russian bakery from when they were kids. She hasn't been here in over 5 years but as soon as she walks in she's hit with a familiar smell. Everything still looks the same, it was like the rest of the world moved on and evolved but not this place. This place stood frozen in time.

She spots Maya, Farkle and Izzy sitting in a corner booth. Farkle is the first to notice and waves her over.

"Hey guys. You got here fast." Riley comments, sliding in next to Maya.

"We were already here." Izzy admits.

"I wanted to be honest with you guys about something."

"Is this about Charlie?" Farkle asks.

Back To BasicsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara