He and I were having dinner tonight. He was having a business trip and he wanted me to come along. So we needed to finish some planning, though that was the least of my worry, I was just trying to figure out how to explain to Jesse, without him getting angry and possessive about it.

"I have plans," I said too quickly, he eyed me suspiciously as I walked into the bathroom. He didn't remove my toothbrush from that night and I used it to brush my teeth. Ignoring his stare

"What plan?"

"It's work related."

"What?", his face confused, "so this work plan is over dinner?"

I spat and rinsed my mouth quickly, gathering up the courage to tell him but I was feeling like I'm being interrogated over something that's not even bad, "I have plans, I can't go tonight Jesse." 

I was already walking out the bathroom, when he soon followed me. Demanding answers, "With who? Dont tell me it's - "

"With Enrico alright" I sigh exhaustedly. Taking my stuff and clean outfit, I exited the room. He followed me downstairs asking me tons of questions. But I refused to answer except with a simple yes or no.

When I reached the door, he walked passed me and blocked my way out. His huge body towering over mine, I was slightly intimidated. But I didn't let it show.

"I need to work." I sighed in annoyance. I've been really disorganised lately and it did not help to feel like you have to follow someone's every god damns schedule. If he was not going to move, I was about to knee him where the sun don't shine, and trust me I will make sure he gets the fuck out my way.

"Tell me why are you going out with him over dinner for something work related?", He shouted. His voice echoed through the room, sending shivers down my spine. 

I backed away; I felt like my past was brought up in a flash. The unwanted nostalgia emerged into the surface, and my mental wall came building up. This was one of the reasons why I didn't like associating with him. He reminded me of the things I didn't want to bring back and to be honest I got a pretty fucked up history. My mind told me to man up, but it seems to shut down instead.

I stared blankly at him, while holding back the tears that reminded me of how I used to feel my father did not like me leaving the house. It would be constant emotional abuse as I was growing up. Making me feel guilty for ever wanting to explore the world and be a kid. 

"I'm sorry," he said slowly, his tone regretful. He walked towards me, but I backed away too quickly, which then he stopped midway.

"Amelia?"

I looked up to him, as he tried to reach me. "I'm sorry."

"I have to go, " my voice broke, when I shrugged his hold off and exited the house.

Stupid heart, I told you he was trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You ready for our date tonight?" Enrico joked, his face glistening with a look of delight as he talked about our plans.

"Sure am!" I felt a bit excited for the trip, because it will be my second time out of the country. And I was always curious about new places, so this trip was going to be a fun one, even though it was a business trip.

"I'm picking you up from your apartment at 7:30 and could you finish the list that needs to be submitted by 5pm today?"

" Yes I can," I replied with a huge grin.