midnight dinner

Začať od začiatku

"Are you crazy?Who's going to give you a takeout at this time ?"

"I am brad carter they will give me even cooked dinosaurs at this time if i ask,",he said proudly.

"Look why don't you reduce your Eiffel tower sized ego and sit down. I will make something for you because i hurt you and you really cant  use your hand.",i said pissed. Seriously this guy can never  just shut up and accept help.

"Thanks but i will manage.",he said getting busy . As soon as he removed the wrapper of the noodles a  insect creeped out. He scowled at the packet and threw it in the dustbin.I smiled at his condition. He looked at me and said"You win but what can you make  now ,the noodles are gone."

"There are many other food items in your kitchen Brad.",i said bored.

"You even know how to cook?",he asked seriously.

"Nope i am trying it for the first time. I just saw today a episode of master chef today and wanted to try it out.",i said playing along,getting some fun out of it.

"OH GOD!Please don't kill me again.",he said looking pleadingly.

"I will try till you keep your mouth closed.",i said seriously and trying to keep my smile off my face.

"OK i will shower and come . You make something edible please",he said almost begging.

"OK."

He went to his room.I expected a shriek after few minutes when he would see new stuff clearly female stuff in his room. But nope Brad didn't do anything.

I got to my work. I looked in the fridge. There was nothing. I looked in the cabinet, I saw lasagna and pasta packets. i opted for pasta as lasagna would be taking too much time. I really wanted to sleep. I  started blindly making the pasta .I lied to Brad that i was cooking for the first time. I had leaned cooking since the age of 13 as i had to often cook for myself .

I made coffee too as i am sure he would need it after the bad day . I wanted to put wine on the table but then it would look too date like and i didn't want him to get any wrong ideas. Its his house if he wanted coffee he could clearly get it own his house after all he doesn't need any ones permission.

After 15 minutes he came down. His hair was wet and he had worn a white tshirt  highlighting his toned chest and black tracks .When he saw the table. He was surprised but he covered it up,

He tread ed the table with caution as if i had hidden cockroaches on it to attack him.

"You know if you walk faster you will make it  to the table by today morning.",i said bored.

He nodded and sat on the table and dipped his spoon in the bowl. I waited for his reaction. His face brightened and he put almost the whole bowl on his plate. I laughed at that.

He looked up at me and grinned."So you are convinced I am not going to kill you",i said teasingly.

"Yeah you don't seem the type ",he said busy devouring his food. He almost looked like a young boy who got  a pizza in front of his eyes.

"Yeah i am already  getting money from you and gold diggers don't go kill bill type.",i said smiling at my joke.

He stiffened."Alaina look what hap--",he said seriously and softly.

"Brad we are not here to have mid night session by Dr Brad on my problems.Just eat.",i said not wanting his pity and to hear his opinions on my new name in city.

He nodded and went back to his meal.

"Aren't you eating?",he asked.

"Nope i am full. I just have coffee.",i said sitting on the table far away from him.

I remembered i had to go get blankets and pillows from his room. Now would be the best time since he wouldn't notice and add to my embarrassment.

I silently got up and went to his room and got the stuff. I laid it on the couch. Brad had finished with his meal and was standing behind me when he asked.

"What are you doing?",he asked as if i am doing samba dance in the middle of the night.

"I am going to sleep."

"Here?",he asked surprised like it was on the ground.

"Yeah you have any problem?"i said pissed.

"whats wrong with your room?",he asked curious.

"Pest control and others are locked."i said mechanically.

"ade...",he said closing his eyes and cussing her.

He took the blankets from my hand and started helping me.I didnt say anything.Suddenly he took the pillow and laid on it .I looked at him questioningly"What are you doing?"

"I am sleeping that's what normal people do unless you do something else.",he said yawning.

"But its my bed.Go to your room.",i ordered him.

"Nope you go. I like the couch better.",he said pretending to sleep.

"Brad its OK ,i can manage ,Its really comfortable .You go ,its your room ,your bed."

"Nope. You are not going to sleep on a couch.My mom will roast me alive if she finds you sleeping on the couch."

"she will kill anyone if she sees anyone of us sleeping on the couch as we are a pretend couple."

"no i mean,i wont let a woman sleep on a couch.Just go Alaina.",he said yawning.

"But Bra-"

"Good night sweet dreams. Thanks for the meal .It was good."

"But Bra--"

He pulled the blanket over his face.

I scowled at him and went to his room.