w i n s o m e .

Winsome; adjective; attractive or appealing in appearance or character.

          Time flew by; figuratively and literally (Zayn may or may not have threw an alarm clock at the wall when he was informed of the text messages Louis was sent by Him). Harry's shift was changed at the pharmacy, Louis picked up a part-time job at a thrift store. The dust settled but nothing was forgotten when it came to what had happened between the two boys. 

          Before anyone knew it, it was the week of Zayn and Liam's three year anniversary party and to say things were chaotic would be an understatement. Liam did not do well under pressure, Zayn did not do well when Liam wasn't doing well under pressure, Niall didn't know whether he should supply beer or wine or both, and Louis? Well, Louis was everything but under pressure. 

          Since The Meltdown (Niall refers to it as 'The Acockalypse'), Louis began taking his college courses online and working at the thrift store when he wasn't studying. He also credited himself to being a part-time dad in his free time. He did everything he could to occupy his time so he didn't have any to think. When he thinks, he remembers and when he remembers, he cries and it takes him half a week to get back on his feet. 

          The thrift store wasn't his first choice. Zayn tried to teach him how to paint ("Just paint what you feel," is not the best advice), Niall tried to teach him how to professionally drink (Louis was tipsy half a bottle in), and Liam suggested dog walking or babysitting on the weekends but things didn't work out (Apparently you can't babysit and walk dogs at the same time if said baby has a rattle and said dog wants it). 

          In The Closet was a small thrift store across town that caught Louis' eye at first glance. Though it was a bit stuffy, dusty, and a pretty cluttered place to work, it was just what Louis needed. He found comfort in going through things like old books with hand written footnotes or toys with names written on them. 

          Plus, who could ignore the irony in a name like that?

          He was doing good; more mature than he was when he met Him. Louis only fully relaxed and slipped into his head space when he was in the comfort of his own bedroom, taking His advice and quitting his immature antics in public. He didn't mind. He quite liked being an innocent, little adult and meeting other adults, some more innocent than others. 

          And as for Him? His number was deleted and blocked, and His name was never thought of again (Liam, Zayn, and Niall didn't have to know that not all of that was true). 

         "Louis, I'm not wearing a pink suit, much less a pink dress," Zayn chuckles from inside the dressing room, shaking his head in amusement. 

          Louis huffs, digging dirt from under his unpainted nails, "Niall says I should wear one but I don't wanna stick out like a sore pinky."

          "I'm not sure if I should correct you or if you were making a pun."

          It's good to hear Louis giggle through the thin dressing room curtain. They were in a small boutique in the local mall. Niall had taken Liam to a place out of town to get his suit from the dry cleaners' while Zayn, being the procrastinator he is, waited until the last minute to find a suit. He'd been given a few suits by a tailor and sent to a dressing room to try them on while Louis mulled over his suit dilemma.