Four

"Fury said to a mouse, That he met in the house, 'Let us both go to law: I will prosecute you -- Come, I'll take no denial; We must have a trial: For really this morning I've nothing to do.' Said the mouse to the cur, 'Such a trial, dear sir, With no jury or judge, would be wasting our breath.' 'I'll be judge, I'll be jury,' said cunning old Fury: 'I'll try the whole cause, and condemn you to death.' "
------------
I slowly regained consciousness and was greeted with the sound of a sweet voice chanting the word "Alice." softly as if they were trying not to wake me.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Jervis sitting in a massive armchair across the room. A look of pure worry was etched upon his face.

"Alice!" he exclaimed while jumping out of his seat. "You're awake and alive and here and not dead and awake and, I can't think of anything else."

My face must have been slightly confused because he started explaining what had happened. Apparently I had been out cold for two weeks. I suddenly felt a need to study my surroundings. I saw that I was not in a hospital but in a room with cabinets full of teacups and hats occupying most of the wall space.

"Alice, I'm so glad you're safe." Jervis said.

I hugged him awkwardly and he returned the gesture but a lot less awkward.

He put his face in my hair and whispered so quietly that it was almost inaudible. "I need you."

We pulled apart and a ghost of a smile graced Jervis' face before he turned his head and walked out the door.

He stuck his head back into the room. "Come downstairs when you feel well enough." and with that he was gone once again.

Although Jervis could not see me I nodded feebly. I could feel a grin find its way to my face. I might have just found someone who genuinely cares.

-------------
Hello!
Sorry I have not updated in a long time and that this chapter was so short. There has been a lot going on. Homework has nearly suffocated me these past few weeks and year 6 graduation was last night.😀 Sadly I still have two weeks of school left.😱
I really want to know what you guys think of the story! Please vote if you like it. Also this book has over 100 reads!! OK I know that isn't really that many but it's the most reads any of my books have gotten so I am very happy. I'm am going to go now so I don't bore you with the really long authors note.
Stay awesome.😃
- Micky