Chapter 5

-Raven-

Raven spoke, her voice low and angry. "What the hex do you want, Apple?"

Apple smirked and replied, "I want you to sign. That's what. I want MY happily ever after!"

Dexter turned red, apparently embarrassed to be hearing this conversation. But, his astonishment at Apple's pettiness was apparent from the way his eyebrows shot up. Apple continued. "I will make you sign, Raven. I hope you know that."

"How?"

"Dexter. You don't promise to sign, he dies. Right now or later." With those words, Apple's dagger pierced Dexter's skin, and a drop of ruby-red blood escaped onto the dagger. Raven almost shrieked, then remembered the situation. She screams, he dies. Raven's hands glowed, then dimmed. "Fine, I'll..." Raven didn't get to finish because Briar suddenly grabbed Apple from behind. "What the hex is going on?!" Then, Maddie triumphantly pried the dagger out of Apple's finger. "Raven, silly, I heard the Narrator say that Apple was out for revenge on you, so I asked Cedar where you were, and I got help. Only one close by was Briar." Raven was always surprised by Maddie's guessing skill. After all there weren't any Narrators, were they? "Of course there are!" Maddie yelled to nobody in particular. The black-and-purple haired beauty reached over and hugged her mad Best Friend Forever After while Dexter helped subdue Apple with Briar. "Wow, thanks, Briar. I didn't hexpect Apple's BFFA to help, well, me, the 'Queen of Evil'."

"Think nothing of it. Just doing what I thought right. Apple doesn't exactly have a whole lot of followers after she posted that video, no offense, Apple. Also, you and Dexter make the cutest couple ever after!" Briar's words ended with a squeal of pure joy. "Oh, and Raven? Could you take my place in subduing Apple? I'm kinda throwing a party tonight and I need to help set up..." Briar trailed off. "Oh, of course!" Raven exclaimed. "Also, if you need a favor, let me know and I will try to help. Unless it's to follow my destiny."

"Okay, thanks, Raven! Bye!" And, with that, the fun-loving princess left. Maddie left, too, so she could have teatime in her dorm. Dexter looked at Raven as they each held one of Apple's arms and dragged her to Headmaster Grimm. The look Dexter sent Raven was enough to say, "Wow, surprises! Apple really is petty!" The blonde between them snarled and went on and on about how Raven needed to follow her destiny.

-Dexter-

Wow, Apple can be a good actress when she wants to be.

They were in Headmaster Grimm's office, trying to tell him about Apple's behavior. Of course, he didn't believe them.

"I... I can't be-belieeeve that th-they would think th-that I would attack him a-and use him as an excuse to m-make Raven sign!" Apple sobbed.

"B-but, Headmaster, look, I have a cut where she pressed the knife into me!" Dexter exclaimed. Grimm looked at the cut on Dexter's neck, causing Dexter to shrink back a little. When the potbellied man sat back, Dexter breathed a sigh of relief. "You two are wrong. Apple 'attacking' you is a fable. However, there is an empty room that Apple can move into, if you feel so strongly about this... issue. Excused!" And, with that, they were ushered outside. Apple immediately ran off to pack up her side of the room so she could move.

"Rae, uhh, do you want to go to Briar's party on Thursday with me?"

"Duh! Of course!" Dexter's girlfriend smiled. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pecked his cheek, and ran off happily. She really seems excited for this. I mean, it's our first party date. Dexter smiled and practically floated back to his dorm.

-Apple-

Yes! An entire room to myself!

Apple snickered, amused that she had gained an entire room, and decided to buy a cauldron, some evil potion hextbooks, and a lot of potion ingredients. She wanted enough to poison Raven and lock her up. Once she had everything on her side of the dorm, she left. Apple didn't take anything of Raven's since, after the journal incident, there was a magical, invisible alarm system that went off if someone with ill intentions crossed into her side. Apple walked over to her new room, ignoring the looks and glares she received from many students, Rebels and Royals alike.

Raven, have fun at that little party tonight, because it will be the last time you open your eyes.