Stars in my eyes

Lexa stepped inside the doorway to the Ark, feeling her chest tighten in apprehension despite the many months of peace between the Trikru and the Skaikru. She would never get used to the stale cold greys of the walls, the heavy metallic taste that hung in the air every time she inhaled. The corridors were sharp corners and disjointed curves, and trying to keep track of where she was always gave her a headache. So she was relieved when she saw Miller approach and give her a casual wave.

"Hello, Commander, looking for Clarke?"

"Sha, Miller, is she near?"

"Sha, Commander, she is in the database room," Miller smirked a bit when he saw the formidable commander raise one eyebrow and narrow her eyes at him. She would never admit to getting lost in the Ark, but they were all well aware of how many times she "wandered."

"Follow this corridor, and after three doors, hang a right and then go through the second door on the left, then take the right split, and then take the..." His voice trailed off as he saw the confusion in her eyes quickly replaced by a growing anger. Right. Perhaps he should just escort her, but how to do so without her knowing?

Lexa barely managed to hold back her snarl, knowing he didn't meant to purposely confuse her. She and Miller had had their moments in the past, when he had found out about her leaving Clarke at the mountain, but they had come a long way since then. But she couldn't ask him for better directions. She couldn't be seen as weak. She was the Heda of the twelve clans, and if she were deep in the woods many days away from her home, she would have easily found her way back; so to be stumped by this...this hunk of twisted metal; was more than she was prepared to admit.

"Actually, Commander, I was wondering if I could speak to you about going on patrol with some of your warriors. Would you mind if I walked with you to the database room, so we could talk about it? If you have the time of course?" He bowed his head slightly, relieved at his quick thinking.

Lexa eyes his bowed head for a moment, wondering if he really wanted to go out on patrol. He went out on the hunts many times, and he was becoming a capable warrior. Perhaps she shouldn't question it, and just accept what he said.

She nodded regally at him, quietly relieved that she wouldn't have to "wander" the corridors again. She always claimed she was simply seeing the sights, but she wasn't sure she really fooled any of them once they came and "collected" her.

That had been most humiliating, the last time she had been collected. It had been Harper, who was quiet and unassuming with a quick smile for everyone. She had attempted to make Lexa feel better by blathering on about how everyone gets lost the first few times, or 15 times in Lexa's case, they visit the Ark. And while the girl had been utterly earnest in her attempt at making Lexa feel better, Lexa had simply wanted to tear her tongue from her mouth as she continued to blather on, entirely unawares at the seething commander by her side.

She was jolted from her thoughts she when realized Miller had both stopped walking and talking. She realized quite suddenly that she hadn't heard anything he had said. He was looking at her quizzically, and he gestured to the door.

"She is in there. So what do you think, Commander?"

Think? Think about what? What had she missed? She tried to hide her growing alarm and then remembered he had asked about patrolling, "Sha, of course, Miller. I think you would benefit greatly from patrolling with my warriors," and she nodded quickly before ducking through the doorway, leaving a slightly confused Miller behind her.

Lexa took a deep breath and tried not to wince at the stale air, but she smiled when she saw the blonde head peeking out from behind one of those things referred to as computers. She made her way over, carefully skirting around tables and counters that glowed and beeped with a myriad of buttons. She knew better than to touch anything. Not after the incident with the blue button.