Chapter 21 - Oh, brother

(Christian) "I'm sorry." – he whispered. – "But I need to know what he has to say."

Matt gulped silently, not wanting to say anything or he would break down immediately. He lowered his head and walked out of the warehouse.

(Christian) "Go!" – he said to the others.

They all walked out and Christian put the gun back on his back, while the man crossed his arms over his chest.

(?) "I didn't think you'd accept my terms."

(Christian) "Let's just get this over with."

The smiled and stepped forward a little, putting his hand between him and Christian.

(Luca) "My name is Luca."

Christian looked at the hand but made no effort in shaking it.

(Christian) "How do you know Mancini?"

The sighed, crossing his arms over his chest again.

(Luca) "We were friends once. Until he double crossed me and almost had me killed."

(Christian) "That's why you're helping me finding him?"

(Luca) "Yes..." – he started pacing around slowly. – "I want him dead."

(Christian) "That makes two of us, then."

(Luca) "I don't know where he is. But I know how he works."

Christian stood quiet, waiting for him to continue.

(Luca) "Stefano doesn't kill right away. He likes to make people suffer and that is one of his biggest mistakes but I guess you know that since he had you for weeks and you managed to escape him."

(Christian) "How do you know about that?"

(Luca) "People may not know about me but I know about people. I know what happened to you and that you almost died."

Christian was starting to get suspicious. Of course the news would get out amongst people that would somehow be related to Mancini, the De Luca or even the Galletti but it was still odd how he knew Christian almost died that night.

(Christian) "What makes you think I should trust you?"

(Luca) "You're here, aren't you? You're trusted me enough to send your bodyguards away to leave us alone. Matteo didn't want to leave you but you pointed a gun at the man that has got your back since the moment he was born... All that just because you want to find out about Stefano. He really did a number on you." – he chuckled.

Christian clenched his jaw.

(Christian) "Whatever happened between me and him, is between me and him. When I find him, I'll finally set the score."

(Luca) "You'll kill him on the first chance you get?"

(Christian) "Yes." - he said in a heartbeat.

(Luca) "Then I'll tell you everything about him." – he started. – "Like I said, Stefano doesn't kill right away. He likes to make people suffer. He likes to get to their limits, whether their physical or emotional. Until you can't either keep your eyes open or until you wish to kill yourself."

(Christian) "Where do you think he's now?"

(Luca) "I think he's in the States. He hasn't been in Italy for a while."

(Christian) "Why hasn't he made a move on us?"

Luca sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair.