Chapter 11 - The De Luca Comeback

One month later

Christian has been unconscious for two days. He was too tired to manage to keep his eyes open. He tried his best but didn't succeed. He was a mess. Tied to ropes in a dark room with nothing but a lamp hanging from the ceiling. He was standing and his arms were pulled upwards, tied around the wrists with the rope that was scratching the skin from his wrists. They were bloody for sure, he knew it, and the pain was unbearable before but now, he was just numb. His clothes were covered in dirt, he was skinnier than before and his beard had grown ever since this all started.

He was kept captive since he left the mob's house, ten weeks ago and he only had the chance to go to one place first before two men came from behind him, knocking him out.

He was so tired, so hungry and so thirsty that he was certain, he wouldn't hold on for much longer. He wasn't even sure how long had passed. He couldn't distinguish night from day, since there were no windows in the basement he was in.

He was getting dizzy with time. The loss of blood from a stab he suffered a week ago, was the worst from him. It wasn't a deadly wound, his attacker made sure of it, but he was still losing blood, specially every time he'd try to move.

Someone walked inside and threw a glass of water at his face, waking him up.

"How're you feeling today?" – the man smiled.

(Christian) "Why won't you just kill me already?" – he groaned.

Christian was blinking slowly, his tiredness was about to take him over again.

"Because you're part of a bigger plan... Did you know that Mariano Galletti has made his appearance?" – he started walking around Christian, like a tiger intimidating his prey.

Christian looked to the ground, trying to maintain his calm.

"You did. I know you helped him get back on his feet. After all, he's your girlfriend's grandfather."

Girlfriend... Hannah... She was the only thing on his mind since he was kidnapped. She was what kept him going. Was what helped him get through the stab wound and the blood loss. Otherwise, he would've given up on life a long time ago.

"She is beautiful." – he stopped in front of Christian. – "Her blonde hair and blue eyes... I'd love to watch them look back at me when I have my way with her."

Christian tried to step forward, launching at him but the ropes restrained him.

"Easy there, tiger. No need to be so eager. I'll let you watch it." – he smirked.

Christian swung his leg, kicking the man on his face and sending him to the ground, but he groaned in pain when the stab wound let him know it was still on his side. The man stood back up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"You know... The more you struggle, the worse it will be for you."

(Christian) "Then kill me once and for all!"

"No." – he simply said. – "I'm gonna let you live. Starving and thirsty and when I know you're almost dying, I'll bring the Galletti girl here so you can see me enjoying her and then she sees me killing you." – he said with the most evil smirk someone can pull off.

(Christian) "If you put one finger on her, I will kill you!" – he growled, angry.

The man looked at the ropes and laughed.

"You can't get out of that!"

Christian spit in the guy's face and the guy wiped his face, fuming in anger. He drew a punch at Christian's stomach, making him groan in pain and then another one on his face. The cut on the inside of Christian's cheek that was made three days ago from another punch, was opened again and was bleeding. The blood was pooling in his mouth, so he spit it to the floor while the guy stepped back.