Chapter 14 - Boy or Girl?

"Uh... Hannah Hill?" – a nurse call for them.

Hannah and Christian stood up from their chairs and walked to the nurse.

(Hannah) "I'm Hannah."

"The doctor is waiting for you." – the nurse smiled politely.

Hannah nodded her head, smiling back and Christian looked at Matt, who was sitting at the end of the waiting room. He nodded his head to his best friend, receiving a nod in return and then he walked inside the doctor's room with Hannah.

(Frederic) "It's so good to see you two again." – he stood from his chair, holding his hand out.

They both walked to the desk and Hannah shook his hand.

(Hannah) "You too, doctor."

Then, Christian shook his hand as well and they all sat down.

(Frederic) "Tell me, how's everything going?"

(Hannah) "Great..." – she put her hand on top of Christian's. – "Everything's been going smoothly."

(Frederic) "That's wonderful to hear." – he smiled and then turned to Christian. – "And what about your wounds, are they healing?"

(Christian) "Yes. There're still a few marks but nothing that won't disappear in a while."

(Frederic) "Well, you'll still have some small marks on both places but they won't be that visible because of the tattoos, so you have nothing to worry about."

Christian smiled and nodded, feeling Hannah interlocking her fingers with his, even though the back of his hand was pressed to her palm.

(Frederic) "When I went to the house, I told you you were probably around the fifteenth week, right?" – he asked Hannah.

(Hannah) "Yes, that was about three weeks ago, so I should be around the eighteenth week."

(Frederic) "Yes, so if we're a little lucky, we should find out the gender today."

Christian grinned widely.

(Frederic) "Shall we?" – he held his arm in the direction of the examination table.

Hannah nodded and stood up, sitting on the edge of the table while Christian stood beside her. Frederic sat down on the other chair beside the table and turned the ultrasound on. Hannah lied down and pulled her top up to her breast area, revealing her whole stomach.

(Frederic) "Let's see..." – he mumbled.

Frederic put the gel on her stomach, spreading with the wand. Christian was so nervous and anxious on the inside that he could barely keep himself together. Hannah was the same.

(Frederic) "Here it is..." – he smiled.

They all looked at the screen and the shape of a fetus appeared. Christian smiled and kissed Hannah's cheek. She smiled back at him and grabbed his hand, but he engulfed hers in both his hands.

(Frederic) "According to my calculations you are in fact eighteen weeks long."

(Hannah) "Is the baby okay?"

(Frederic) "Yes. The baby looks really healthy."

(Christian) "Can we know the gender?"

Frederic looked closer.

(Frederic) "Yes. Do you wanna know?"

Hannah looked at Christian and he looked back at her.

(Hannah) "Do we wanna know?"