Chapter 12 - Second time's the time... or not

Next day

Christian was lying on his bed, beneath the sheets when he woke up. He looked around his room and smiled when he saw who was sitting on his chair. Hannah was curled up on his dark wooden chair, her eyes closed, and her head resting on the palm of her hand. She was still wearing last night's clothes. But the white t-shirt she had on, was covered in red with his blood. There was only a distinct mark on her stomach area that caught his eyes. His hand, a bloody print, was marked on her t-shirt from when he told her he knew about the baby they were having. He couldn't help but to smile even more. She also had his engagement ring on her left hand that was shining from the sun lighting up the room through the curtains.

He sat up against the headboard, trying his best not to groan in pain out loud and then just stayed there looking at her; admiring her. She was still so beautiful, even though she was a mess. Her hair was still in the bun she made last night but some of the hairs in the front were sticking out. Her cheeks had a faint red on them and he was absolute sure it wasn't because she was blushing; it was his blood. Her forehead had a thin strap with his blood. Her black shorts even had blood as well.

She didn't want to leave his side since last night. When they took Christian up to his bed, Matt told her to get a warm bath and to rest a little. She said she would but she didn't. She sneaked from her bedroom and made her way to Christian's, where she stayed the whole night.

The door opened quietly and Matt peeked inside, smiling when he saw his best friend awake.

(Mathew) "Hey, dude!" – he whispered.

Matt walked inside, not making any noise and stood beside Hannah.

(Mathew) "She stayed here?"

(Christian) "I guess... I just woke up."

Matt sighed, smiling and then sat on the edge of the bed.

(Mathew) "How're you feeling?"

Christian ran a hand through his hair.

(Christian) "Like death hit me." – he joked.

(Mathew) "It did. For half an hour."

Christian frowned.

(Christian) "What?"

Matt looked at Hannah, reminiscing last night's events.

(Mathew) "You died on the kitchen table. She did CPR on you for thirty minutes. She didn't give up."

Christian looked at her too and smiled.

(Christian) "Really?" – he mumbled.

(Mathew) "Ben tried to take her away from you when you died and Gary tried to knock some sense in her but she said and I quote: He didn't give up on me at the lake and I'm not giving up on him now either."

(Christian) "I'm glad she didn't."

Matt looked back to his best friend.

(Mathew) "So... What kind of proposal was that?" – he chuckled.

Christian flashed Matt a huge grin.

(Christian) "I don't know... When I left, I was on my way to the airport, but I saw a shop that sold rings and jewelry. I went inside and bought the ring and kept it safe."

(Mathew) "So that means you forgave her?"

(Christian) "She made a mistake. She hurt me. Okay... But I can't spend another day without her. I went through more than two months with nothing but my thoughts. And they were all about her. I don't want to make her suffer anymore. I want to be with her."