Chapter 99

(Sierras POV)

My heart stopped. "What?" I asked. Tears filling my eyes as I didn't know how to react.

"It's okay don't cry she's gonna be okay" Tamar said and I just shook my head.

Tamar put the car back in drive and turned the corner heading towards the hospital. Once we made it to the hospital we both got out and headed inside.

I was shaking so much and my heart was pounding. Tamar went to the front desk and I followed.

"Here to see Penelope Valdez please" Tamar said. The lady typed away at her computer.

"Okay I'm gonna need you to stand there so I can get a picture for you're sticker" she said and Tamar stood in front of the camera.

This is freaking ridiculous. My bestfriend might be dying and they want to take pictures.

Tamar snapped the picture and the lady printed out two stickers for me and her.

"Okay room 110" she said and we went straight to the elevator.

"It's gonna be okay" Tamar said grabbing my hand. "How can you be so sure?" I asked.

Before she can respond the elevator opened and we went out and ran to the room. We found the room knocked then went inside.

I saw Penelope's dad and Peyton sitting down. Peyton was in tears and Penelope's dad was sitting with his head in his hands.

I walked in slowly then looked to my right and seen Penelope sleeping hooked to machines. As soon as I saw her it was like the world stopped.

Our argument that we had came back and everything I said I immediately regretted it.
I started to break down and cry. My bestfriend was laying there lifeless.

Tamar came and wrapped me in a hug. "The doctor said she's gonna be fine" Penelope's dad said finally looking up.

That made me feel a lot better. I wiped my tears and sat down next to Peyton. She laid her head on my shoulder and I put my arms around her.

We all sat watching Penelope sleep for about 10 minutes until Peyton said she was hungry.

"Peyton I'm not in the mood right now" Penelope's dad said. "But daddy I'm hungry" she cried.

Her dad groaned with anger. "It's okay I'll take her down to the lobby and she can get a snack" Tamar said.

"Come on Peyton" she said holding her hand out for Peyton to grab.

Peyton grabbed her hand and they both left leaving me Penelope and her dad in the room.

It felt slightly uncomfortable. I looked at Penelope's dad and he was red with red eyes.

"Are.. are you okay" I asked looking at him in the eye. He sighed, "yeah I'm fine" he said but I knew he was lying.

"It's okay to be sad" I said and he gave me a 'really' look.

"I mean it. Sometimes we all build so much anger and sadness inside of us until we can't take it no more and that will lead us right to where Penelope was" I said stopping and looking at her trying to hold back the tears.

"I knew she was hurting" her dad said changing the subject. "What do you mean" I asked.

"I knew she was hurting and I didn't do anything about it" he said emotionless.

"I could of done something right? Made her feel more loved. Made her more happier" he said and I swear I seen his eyes getting watery.

"I.. could of done something.. to prevent this" he said and broke down. I was so shocked he didn't seem like the type of guy to start crying like this.

I did what I thought I should and I hugged him. "This isn't you're fault" I said and he continued to cry which started to make me cry.

"Daddy?" Penelope said weakly as she opened her eyes.

He jumped up and ran to her side. "Yes sweetie. Are you okay?" He asked panicky. "My head hurts" she said.

She then looked at me and I felt so scared and nervous. So many thoughts were running through my head like "she doesn't want me here" "she hates me" "she's gonna tell me to leave".

"Hi" she said breaking me out of my thoughts.

I didn't expect that.

"Hi" I said giving a small smile. "I'll go down with Tamar and Peyton, give you guys some time together" her dad said and I nodded as he kissed her forehead then left.

I sat down playing with my fingers.

"Can you come here" she said. I looked up then got up and sat on her bed.

We stared at each other for a while.

"I'm so sorry" we both said in union.

"No I'm sorry" she said.

"No I'm sorry. I knew you were stressed and hurt and.. and I just was thinking about myself. I didn't think about how you felt or.. what you were going through" I said starting to cry. Gosh I'm too emotional.

"I just.." I said the tears fell. "I just couldn't help losing my bestfriend" I said with my voice cracking.

Penelope sat up slowly and grabbed my hand.

She looked at me and wiped the tears off of my face. "It's okay" she said.

"This is not you're fault. It never was" she said.

I started crying again and she hugged me. "I love you so much" I cried. "I love you more. And I'm so sorry for everything I said. You know I didn't mean any of it" she said.

We pulled from the hug and I smiled. "I know" I said.

We sat in silence for a second then I hit her on her arm.

"Hey!" She yelled. "What was that for" she said holding her arm.

"How dare you try to leave me like that" I said.

"What do you mean" she said completely clueless.

"I could handle you moving away from me but not for GOOD" I yelled and she started laughing.

"I'm so sorry it'll never happen again. It was just in the moment you know" she said and I smiled.

"I know"

Tamar, Peyton and her dad came back in.

"Penelope!" Peyton said running to Penelope's bed and jumping on it.

"Careful Peyton" her dad said. "It's okay daddy" Penelope said and she hugged her little sister tightly.

Peyton started crying and then I felt like I was gonna cry again.

Tamar came and gave Penelope a kiss and a hug.

"How are you kiddo" she asked.

"I'm fine" Penelope said smiling. "Thanks for coming" Penelope said.

"Oh no problem. You're so important to us in many ways" Tamar said.

"Hey hey" Toni said coming in with the boys. They bought balloons and flowers for Penelope.

"Awww you guys did not have to do that" Penelope said blushing.

"Of course we did" denim said.

"You're super important" diezel said.

"Yes! And you are worth everything" said Toni.

"You really are" I said looking at Penelope and she smiled and we hugged again.

I'm just so glad my bestfriend is okay.

I just wish she didn't have to move still.

A/N. Its been so long I know and I'm sorry 😭. Had writers block for a second. I hope you guys are still hanging with me. ❤️❤️❤️