Impossible to love you, but I do: Chapter 3

Hey guys, it's kinda short, but please comment if you like it!

Thanks <3

____________________________________________________________________

© Amanda Macdonald.

Impossible to love you, but I do.

* * *

~*3*~

When I walked into my first period Math class, I noticed the teacher along with everyone else in the class was busy talking and wasn't paying much attention to me. As if luck was on my side today, Austin was sitting alone, beside an empty seat. So I decided to take advantage of this.

Trying to seem confident, I walked up to the seat, leaning down to sit, when all of a sudden I saw a flash of Blonde.

I turned back around to see Melissa sitting down next to him, placing her books on the table in front of her, smiling right at him.

"What-?" I started, but she cut me off with a sudden look in her eyes that had so much plead just couldn't say no. I faked a smile, and started to take a seat farther up the row, but there was nowhere.

I signed when I saw the only open seats. In the back, two rows behind them. Great, front row seats to their obsessive flirting.

I sat, and tried to listen to the teacher talk, but all I could seem to hear was her laughing and him looking back at me, and then whispering something to her.

All I could think was 'Dude, I'm right here... I know you're freaking talking about me!'

When the bell rang out in the classroom, I picked up my things and left, practically running down the hall towards my locker. I seriously just wanted to get way from all of this.

Normally, I am the type to always hide my feelings, placing a smile on my face and nodding at appropriate timing. But when things like this happened, everything just seemed to explode all at once.

I held my breath, trying to keep the tears in my eyes and the excruciating pain off my facial expression, hiding behind my long hair as I looked down, fiddling with my combination.

When I walked to my Co-Ed P.E. class, I was feeling much better, knowing the only people in my class were a few of the girls I actually don't talk to, and the rest was a bunch of good-old occupying guy friends!

Perfect way to get Austin out of my mind. *No sarcasm needed*

I walked in, got changed into our gym uniform; tight black track pants, and a navy blue and white fitting short-sleeve t-shirt. I had taken dance last year, so I had had first choice with the dance uniform, which just so happened to be fitted shirts. I then went to go sit down, pulling my legs up in front of me, stretching.

That's one thing about being in a mostly-guys class... Guys hated stretching. So I had to do it on my own time. Mostly, when the teacher actually bothered to take attendance.

"Alright everyone, grab a partner," Mr. Addison started, and then Luke came up behind me, grabbing me around the waist.

"Hey!" I yelled, as he pulled me closer to him.

Yupp, there's the guys for ya!

He just laughed, then let go, and I turned around and glared at him. He just laughed more.

"Hey Lyd, you wanna be partners?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Uh..... Matt!!?" he turned around then, a smile plastered to his face.

"Yeah?"

"Be my partner, pleasseee..." I gave him the puppy dog eyes. That always gets him.

"Fine..." I saw him scowl, and I smacked his arm.

He rubbed the stop where I hit him, and mouthed 'oww.' I just laughed at him. Guys, there such babies sometimes.

When lunch came around I went to the Cafeteria, and noticed Melissa taking a seat next to Austin.

I didn't even bother going over there. I just walked up to a bunch of my friends on the far side of the Caf, sat down and took a look at my friends.

Here, there were most of my closest and best friends. Looking left; there was Mark, Angela, Luke, Jason, Matt, Linda, Sandra, Susan, Stephanie, Michelle, Nick and Brandon.

I sat down, right between Matt and Linda, and looked over at Matt, and he looked back, rubbing his arm again.

"Oh, come on! I didn't hit you THAT hard!"

He laughed "Oh but you did... You've got a pretty good arm, there"

"Whatever," I laughed, looking over at the girls, then. "Hey guys" I smiled at them, and they returned it.

"What's up with you and Matt...?" Stephanie asked.

"Nothing, I just hit him and now he's complaining like a little girl"

"I am not!"

"Hey, Lyd, did you finish your Spanish paper?" Sandra asked me.

"Yeah, did you?"

"Yeah, but what did you write yours on...?"

And from there, we ate, and talked like normal, letting me forget about Austin, even if it was only for a few minutes before we walked back out the cafeteria doors leaving him and Melissa to whatever they were planning on doing, behind us.

When the bell rang, I was rushing to class when I bumped into something really hard, making me stumble backwards, my things going everywhere.

I didn't even notice until I was standing up straight again, looking into the most gorgeous green eyes, that It was Austin's broad, muscular chest that I had bumped into.

I looked at him, an apologetic look on my face.

He looked at me, also, regret in his eyes...

Our eyes were locked, though, like we couldn't seem to look away from one another...

We sat there for a few moments, then suddenly the bell rang, pulling us both out of the trance, me bending down to pick up the things I had dropped.

He helped me; I don't really understand why... But he did, and when we both stood up, he looked at me with what looked like... longing? No, that had to be wrong.... Now that I think about it, it sort of looks more like disgust...

Oh man, that hurts.

I murmured a quick thanks, and then walked away, my arms bulling my books to my chest, my head down towards the ground.