Parenting Practice

-----------------------------------------A/N
   Most of this is from Lucy_J_Carlyle and she is an amazing writer. She gave me the idea of this story. I tweaked it for the sake of not copying word for word. I also will try to update daily!
----------------------------------------------
                      Lucy's POV
   Lockwood, George, and I just got back from a case at 826 Dowry avenue. We were gasping for air as we made our way up the steps to 35 Portland Row. We've had a... mad night, I could say.
  My thoughts got cut off as Lockwood was studying the source. The source is a very old looking, crumpling, clay case.

"I believe, this dates to the 14 century?"

"Wow, that's what, 700 years ago?" George asked. I tried to nod my head in agreement, but it ended up looking as a slight bob.

" I believe you are correct." Lockwood explained.

My eyes wandered, and I noticed something that I haven't before. There was something scratched into the side of the vase.

"Sorry to rain on your parade, boys," I interrupted, "There looks to be an inscription or something like that on the side."

Lockwood and George, like twins, craned their neck as they tried to get a better look at the inscriptions where I indicated.

"Ah, Luce, it appears you are right," he exclaimed, "George, any idea as to what it says?"

"No," he reported sadly," I do know that it's in Ancient Greek!" He added triumphantly.

George is excited because he is waiting for an excuse to use his new book he bought. It tells about the culture, beliefs, and language of Greece.

"I'd better bring it downstairs to get proper Seals. Could be very dangerous, seeing as the night we had tonight."He hurried through the kitchen.

"Well," Lockwood said as he looked to me, " that was a very id bunch indeed!"

We'd just had a case with 3 raw bones, 1 wraith, and 4, yes you heard correctly, 4 cold-maidens. They spread so much ectoplasm on our stuff, including Seals, it was safest to leave it.We were beat, but no new cases tomorrow.

"Night." He said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Night." I answered back.

I sat on the couch and as soon as I hit the cushion, I passed out.

----------------------------------------------
Word count: 384