4 - Waiting Game

It was ten before Yoosung woke up, and several seconds after that before he remembered where he was.

Yawning, he set into the bathroom and swished water around his mouth while he brushed his fingers through his hair, flattening it down to a semi-normal state. He left the clips out for now, not in the mood, and sat them in his sweatshirt pocket. Spitting, he stretched himself out and left the bathroom to find Seven.

Seven looked unaffected by the time that had passed, minus the growth in the number of Honey Buddha Chips and PhD Peppers surrounding his computer table. The screen didn't appear to have changed either, and Yoosung scanned the screen to see if he could find any sort of changes since the night before- nothing. It looked like the most mind-numbingly boring thing he could ever imagine doing.

"Have you taken a break?" Yoosung asked, voice deep and unused, and Seven threw him a look over his shoulder. He shook his head, and then returned to his computer.

"Good talk," Yoosung said, strained and cheery, and snatched a bag of chips for himself before sitting in front of the computer to start up some LOLOL. "How long until we leave?"

"Soon," Seven hummed, distracted as always. "An hour, at most."

"Just let me know," Yoosung said, though the closeness of the time excited him. The computer started up at an exceptional speed and Yoosung wasn't going to complain about it, simply loading up LOLOL. "What are you doing, anyway?"

"Stuff. I'm busy." His voice made it clear he wasn't going t talk further about it and Yoosung sighed, turning away and to the computer.

Fine. Whatever. He couldn't help but worry for Seven's health, wondering if this was really what he did all the time- stay up without sleep, eat chips and drink soda, and stare at a bright screen. Knowing Seven, this was likely a regular thing of his.

As LOLOL finally loaded onto the screen, he opened the messenger on his phone to glance through the chatrooms that had taken place while he was asleep. As he read the latest one, from about fifteen minutes prior, he jumped out of his seat and ran across the room to Seven, squatting on the floor beside his chair. "Hyung!"

"What?" Seven asked, a little too short to be casual- he was annoyed, but Yoosung was undeterred, pushing his phone over to the older boy to see.

"Jimin says Elizabeth is missing?" he said, phrasing it more like a question in his disbelief. Seven yelped, snatching the phone from Yoosung with such force that his chair teetered backwards and Yoosung almost fell over in surprise.

"Elly?!" he cried, scrolling through the messages to confirm what Yoosung had said while the shorter boy nodded quickly.

"Jumin says that she just-"

"- ran out the door," Seven finished, his mouth half-slackened in horror. "Holy shit. She actually ran away."

Yoosung shivered, a little bit freaked out. "You don't think... Zen's dream?"

"No way," Seven disagreed, shaking his head slowly, still scrolling on Yoosung's phone. "No. But- still. Wow."

"What should we do?" Yoosung asked, feeling a little foolish for asking, but still looking for guidance in this situation. Seven didn't answer for a few moments, engrossed in reading over the chat, and then handed the phone back over with a shake of his head.

"Nothing, I guess. Believe me, I'm sure Jumin has it covered. The guy loves Elly more than I do, and that's really saying something."

Yoosung could agree wholeheartedly with that statement. "... Yeah. Alright. Get back to work."