Chapter 1.

*Note: Sophie's dress for the ball above.

Sophie strolled through the castle alongside her father, as she admired the many portraits of her mother, hung on the walls. Henry placed his arm around her waist as they approached the grand ballroom, as they entered through the large wooden double doors the band began playing classical music.

Sophie seized her pace, glancing around in confusion at the large amount of gourmet food presented on the banquet tables and the servants running around in a hurry making sure everything was perfect.

"Father. Are we having a ball soon?" she questioned, furring her eyebrows together.

"Yes, my dear. You turn twenty-one in the next two weeks. We need to start preparing."

"But...I don't want a party," she stuttered taking in everything going on around her.

"Darling" he sighed "once you turn twenty-one, you'll be entitled to take over the throne. But you'll need a husband first, so tonight I have arranged for you to meet some suitors that I feel will be most suited" Henry glanced down at her.

"Why is the rehearsal two weeks before my birthday?" she question. "In case anything goes wrong, we'll have two weeks to make it right." the king replied

Sophie stared down at her figures, she hated the fact her father was pressuring her into marriage. She wanted to marry for love not for some kind of business deal. But there was no stopping her father when he set him mind to something. Sighing, she reluctantly nodded her head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Noah began packing all the essentials they needed for the night ahead into their rusty old truck.

Jake sighed, watching them from his seat on the dusty gravel.

"Why can't I go?" he complained as the older man walked past him.
Harry pulled off his oily shirt, grabbing the sponge and bucket of water, he began to washing his chest.

"We've had this conversation, kid. You're too young. You need to be an adult before you can come with us." Harry shrugged.

Noah walked over, yanking off his shirt and grabbing the other sponge to wash his self-off.

"How come Al gets to come?" Jake groaned into his hands, as Alice walked out of the large abandoned house which they have occupied and turned into their own.

"For two reasons, kid," Noah smirked. "One, she's an adult and we can't control her. And two, your sister scares us."

"Shut up," Alice rolled her eyes, sitting beside Jake and keeping her eyes away from them as they rinsed off.

"What's the problem?" she asked once she noticed the gloomy face on her brother

"I want to go with you," Jake sighed resting his head on his palms

"You can't. You're only a kid."

"I'm almost thirteen," he pointed out.

"And then you'll only be a teenager," she countered.

"You were a teenager when we first joined and you got to do things." Jake retorted.

"But it was different back then," Alice sighed. "I needed to help out."
"Al's right," Noah agreed.

Harry grabbed a towel from the back of the truck and dried himself off then handed it to his brother. Reaching over, he pulled on a new clean shirt.

Noah did the same and they walked over to the brother and sister.

"You're gonna have to be an adult before you can join us, Jake," Harry shrugged.