WEEK TWO

Mariana^

"So x times the square root of 2348.902 is.."

"1982."

"Good job,Mariana."

"You're a good teacher." Mariana says,looking at the book before her uninterestedly. She hears the loud clicks of her sisters high heels and begins to roll her eyes. Marina was in a white dress that clung onto her body. Her hair was in a bun and she wore black heels. She looks pretty-Mariana admitted internally.

"Zayn. My deepest apologies,I totally forgot. I have a christening tonight but I can not leave Mariana alone and I was wondering if you coul-"

"I'm not eight. I'm fourteen. Both of you can go." Mariana interrupts,earning a glare from her older sister.

"Mariana! Don't be rude. Zayn pleassseeee." Marina pleads,looking into Zayn's eyes. Her lips were pouty,eyes big as she pouted. Marina and Zayn went in the same elementary school,High School and are in college together. Mariana gagged at her sisters face and walked towards her room,jumping on the bed while putting her hands over her ears to block out the nuisance that was her sister.

+

"It's just you and me now. What do you want to do?" Zayn asks,leaning against the doorframe. He watched as Mariana put on her brown shoes and walked down the hall.

"I'm going to the river. You're staying here."

"Who gave you the authority to speak to me like that?"

"Me myself and I. I have to go,Zayn. Bye." She smiles and waves,walking away from him and down the stairs. She runs out of the house,through the kitchen which had maids cooking,and towards the stream. She takes her hair out of the uncomfortable bun it was in and took off her light blue dress. She walked into the water,loud giggles leaving her lips.

"Bloody hell,Mariana." Zayn swears,looking at the younger girl who was in the water. Her hair was wet and she was shaking. Although it was summer,it was cold as the wind blew.

"Marina says swearing is for ugly sailors. Are you an ugly sailor?" She teases,her voice very childlike and innocent. She laughs at his confused face. He sat down on the grassy terrain,looking up at the sky-mind racing two hundred miles an hour.

"Well are you coming in?"

"Perhaps next time." He replies,observing as the sky turned a darker color.

"Mariana its late. We have to go home."

"The difference of have and must is the same of decision and mandate." She mumbles,continuing to float on the crystal clear water. She giggled as one of the cherries fell off the tree and onto her hair.

"Once we have orders,we must follow them."

"Follow what you want to do,not others. Do what your heart says..mine says stay here until I turn blue."

"Yours will get you hypothermia."

"For a tutor,you have little patience."

"For a student,you aren't a very good listener." He laughs,hands running through his hair. Mariana smiles at his appearance. His hair was messy from all the times he ran his hand through it. His smile was big and bright; crinkles covered his eyes and showed evidence of true happiness. She giggles along with him,agreeing. "The one thing we agree on..I can't listen to save a life."

"Why do you hate your sister?"

"If you were a slave,wouldn't you resent your owner too?"