Part 20

Soon Sky walked over I hugged her before punching her in the arm.

"Ouch what was that for?" She laughed.

"You lied to me you said you were going to the beach" I said.

"Look behind the cabins" she said and I walked around to see waves crashing against the sand.

"Shut up" I mutter standing back in the circle.

*later that summer

It was late in the evening the younger kids have gone to bed, the older kids are in the main hall playing games or watching a movie. Skylar was on cabin duty tonight. Which meant she had to stay by the cabins and make sure the kids were in bed and not being too loud. We sat in front of our cabin leaning against the wall.

"So seen anyone you like over the summer?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Not really these guys really aren't my type" I said. "What about you huh?" I looked at her. It was very dimly lit but I could still see her cheeks go pink. I smiled. "Who is it?" I asked.

"It's no one" she said tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Come on" I urged her.

"No they won't like me anyway" she said wrapping her arms around her legs and resting her chin on her knees.

"What's not to like about you?" I asked rubbing her back.

"I don't know" she muttered.

"Who is it? I'll talk to them for you" I said.

"No it's fine"

"Come on" I laughed.

"Eventually but not now" she said getting up. "I need to go to the toilet" and with that she got up and walked inside the cabin.

*next day,

We had a free day so we mostly went and played in the ocean.

"Come on" Sky whispered grabbing my hand.

"What where are we going?" I asked. Then I noticed the surfboard under her arm. She pulled me away and over to the other side of the docks. "You can go first" she said holding the board out.

"I don't know how to surf" I said with a laugh.

"Well prepare to learn" she said with a smile. We walked out into the waves. "Jump on" she said and I got on the board. We were out in the water for most of the day it was starting to become dark and we realised we may have to get out.

"ITS SO COLD" I squealed as I walked out of the water. A few seconds later something was thrown over my head. I pulled it off to see it was a towel, I wrapped it around myself.

"Thanks" I said and Sky smiled at me. "Where's yours?" I asked.

"You're wearing it" she laughed.

"What no take it" I said taking it of fans handing it to her.

"No just use it" she laughed walking past with the surfboard under her arm. I shook my head with a smile.~~~~~