"Oh, um, fancy seeing you here, er..." He appeared to struggle with coming up with her name on the spot. "Uh..."

"Tegwen," she informed him as she walked over. "What are you doing out here, Newt? It's past curfew, you know."

"Well, I, uh, I fancied a bit of an evening stroll," he told her in a small voice, attempting to offer her a smile.

Tegwen sighed before looking around to make sure they were alone. "You know all the prefects in this castle would get you in trouble if they caught you."

"Are you one of them?"

Leave it to Newt to strike her with a question that they both knew the answer to. When Tegwen had accepted the title of prefect, it had never been a problem to scold other students because the older prefects took it upon themselves to do so or they would just inform one of the professors. But now that it was placed on her shoulders, Tegwen couldn't bring herself to rat out another student.

She was so used to keeping her head low and staying out of other people's matters that she would feel all too uncomfortable going to one of the professors with Newt's name.

"No," Tegwen answered, "no, I'm not."

Almost immediately, the corner of Newt's lips curled upwards in a grin as he looked relieved that he wasn't going to get into trouble that evening.

"Just head back to your dorms, " she advised quietly, " before you get caught by someone else."

"Will do," he nodded his head and placed his hands together, " thank you, Twiggy."

"It's Tegwen," She said softly as the boy already left before she could correct him face to face.

Despite her encounter with Newt, the rest of the evening remained quiet. She was fully prepared to head back to the Ravenclaw Tower and head to bed when she heard a loud crash come from one of the classrooms. Turning around, Tegwen hoped that it was Peeves, but there was no sign of him and no one else came rushing onto the scene to investigate, leaving it on her.

"Fantastic," she muttered under her breath before she headed down the corridor in the direction of the noise. It turned out to be the Charms classroom as she got closer, and Tegwen had to admit, she was confused to find another peer of hers out past curfew.

Leta Lestrange came into view, a Slytherin girl, who had quite the reputation around the castle. Whether she was getting into trouble with the professors or the centre of plenty of gossips, her name got around plenty. Tegwen had a couple of classes with her, but usually, Leta kept to herself, sitting in the back of the classroom and Tegwen never actively sought out anyone, far too shy to do so.

But she did know one thing and that was that Leta was good friends with Newt, so what were the odds that the two of them were out of their dorms on the same night for completely separate reasons?

It certainly didn't smell like a coincidence.

Reaching the doorway, Tegwen's hands gripped the doorframe nervously, she knew she had to do something.

"You're out past curfew!"

In those moments, she felt like a broken record but truth be told, Tegwen didn't know what to say besides state the obvious. Similar to Newt's earlier reaction, Leta jumped before spinning around and looking directly at her. All the while, she seemed to be covering up something with a sheet.

"What have you got there?" Tegwen pointed in the direction of whatever was moving under the sheet.

"Nothing," Leta replied quickly, " I have special permission to be in here."