Chapter 12 - Well, this is awkward

Elliot's pov

Tyrell opens the car's door for me. My heart is beating extremely fast.

That's really cute but what's next?

I get out of the car. He closes the door behind me and turns around to look at me. He's smiling.

"Let's go," he says and takes my hand.

We walk inside. Tyrell talks to the headwaiter. She nods and takes us to our table.

I sit down and Tyrell sits on the opposite side of the table. The waiter gives us two menus.

I forgot I need to order my own food... shit I didn't prepare myself for that.

I quickly look at Tyrell. He looks at his menu and silently moves his lips as he reads it.

Oh my...

He lifts his head and looks at me.

"Everything okay?" he asks and raises his eyebrows.

I nod and look down. I'm sweating. I try to read the menu but this stuff is too fancy.

What the hell? I have no idea what this shit is.

"Alright," he says and smiles lightly. "Do you know what you want yet?"

You.

"Uh... no," I say and look at him. "I can't really decide."

I'm shaking. Still nervous.

"Okay then," Tyrell says. "You want me to order you something?"

I nod and flash a quick smile. I look down. This is awkward.

Thank God. I couldn't have done it myself. Now he's telling me what he's about order, making sure I'm okay with it. But I'm not even listening. I would, but I don't even know what it means.

"Elliot?" Tyrell says a little bit louder.

"Hm?" I say and lift my eyes to look at him.

"Are you fine with this order?" he asks and looks back at the menu. "Do you perhaps want me to repeat?"

"Uhm... no. It's alright," I say and give him another awkward smile.

"Alright," he says and smiles at me.

His smile is so beautiful.