sting

lukas betrays philip. one of the two says hi to death.

you should listen to $ting by the nbhd or eyelids by pvris while reading this one.

i'll be writing this one in both of their perspectives. just know, they remember things differently.

-

lukas

it's 1:34 am. and i'm quietly walking up the stairs to my shared bedroom with philip. we moved in together three months ago, which was a big step.

i was careful to not make a sound as i creeped up the stairs, walking ever so slowly to our bedroom. i cracked the door open, and pushed it forwards, choking when i saw the bedside table lamp on, and philip sitting on the side of our bed with his arms crossed.

"how was your night out?" philip hastily asked, raising an eyebrow.

"i was working late, sweetheart. not partying," i lied, adverting eye contact before walking towards the bed. towards philip.

"working late?" philip gritted, "then tell me why, why is there a picture of you and rose kissing on her instagram?!"

well shit.

"rose? philip, i don't mess with her anymore," i smoothly said, "it's probably someone that just looks like me."

"someone that looks like you? okay, then why is your fucking account tagged— is that a hickey on your neck?" philip shouted, tears slowly welling up in his eyes.

i covered the spot on my neck where rose kissed me before saying, "philip, you have to understand—"

"no, lukas, there's only one thing to understand. you're cheating on me with rose, that's what. i thought you said you were done with her! why. . ." he stopped, choking as he rubbed his eyes. he didn't want to cry in front of me.

"why did you lie to me? all the love i gave to you, all the things i told you, for nothing? for you to throw it all away for someone who you said didn't matter to you?" philip was crying angry tears by now. he was crying.

because of me.

"sunshine, please," i tried, attempting to fix something that could've been fixed long ago.

"no, no you don't get to 'sunshine' me. i don't want to be near you, you're a god damn lying cheater," those words hurt me, but i couldn't say anything because it was true.

philip rubbed at his eyes with a sniffle before getting up and stumbling to our closet, pulling out his suitcase.

"what are you doing?" i quickly asked, standing up as i watched philip in fear.

i was going to watch the light of my life leave me.

"i'm leaving, i don't want to be here anymore," philip managed to answer while shoving clothes in the bag.

the sound of him sobbing broke my heart.

"no, you can't do that," i firmly said, walking to philip and grabbing his arm to make him look at me.