Part II : Chapter XXXV

Start from the beginning

        The figure was cloaked, and as I approached it, I noted that it was a woman. Her hood was off, revealing her wrinkled, gray skin. The way her mouth was opened led me to infer that she died screaming and in pain. Her eyes were closed, facial expression frozen in an afflicted state.

        I reached out to touch her, wondering who she was and why she brought me here. My fingers met with the frozen layer of ice over her face. What was this place anyways?

         Save me.

        My hand reeled back and I let out a gasp. Her pitch black eyes were as cold and lifeless as this place, open wide in fear. Stepping back, I realized that she wasn't dead. She was alive, but she was frozen.

          Save me.

         "I-I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want." I whispered shakily. Her eyes followed my every move, pleading with me.

            Save me.

       The glaciers around us began to melt, collapsing and destroying everything in its path. Ice shards began to break as the ground beneath us shook. This world was slowly falling apart.

           "Tell me who you are." 

             Ria.

**

       When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring up at a white wall illuminated by a light that was too bright for my sensitive eyes. As I let my eyes wander, moving my head this time, I found myself lying on a small bed near a heart monitor.

       I panicked, remembering the last time I woke up in a hospital. Who are you? I mentally asked myself.

        I'm Astryd Friggadottir. I was born in Asgard and mainly raised in Midgard by a lovely man who I consider to be my true father. I've reunited with both of my brothers. I've met wonderful, inspiring people. The last thing I did was offer Thor my food after battling Thanos's forces.

         I finally let out a breath, not realizing that I had been holding it. I remember everything.

         Deja vu struck me again as Erik's worried face hovered over me. "Astryd, you're awake."

        "What happened?" I wondered, sitting up, dazed and confused.

         "We don't even know for sure. You just closed your eyes and didn't want to wake up as much as we tried." Thor replied, appearing by Erik's side. He smiled. "And trust me, we tried a lot."

      Bruce walked in, along with a S.H.I.E.L.D doctor who I instantly recognized. It was Dr. Stanley, who has been assigned to be my doctor since I arrived here. He smiled at me. "Nice to see you again, Astryd."