Old Acquaintances.

Start from the beginning

"____?" I asked, "where the hell have you been?"

"I went for a walk," she answered.

"You had me worried. At least leave a note next time."

She just nodded and raised her finger to signal the bartender.  Maybe I was overreacting, maybe she just didn't care to hear it. Her drink arrived and she looked back to me as she smiled taking a sip.

"So what now? Did you find anything out?" she asked.

"Sam thinks you were right.  That we're dealing with a shifter."

"Oh, so what's the plan?"

"We're gonna canvas some spots tomorrow."

"I get to come, right?"

"You should stay at the room.  I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Dean, come on.  I have taken shifters down before," she grinned.

"Maybe you can convince me after I had a few more drinks," I grinned.

"Oh, I hope I can convince you of more than that," she said slyly and gave a wink.

I choked on my drink, spitting some of it out as I grabbed a napkin.  It seemed a bit out of character for her, but we hadn't really been alone since we first met.  But I couldn't entertain the idea.  The image of Bobby hold a gun to my head sent shivers down my spine.  I took a long sip of my beer.  She leaned closer to me.  I could feel my eyes drifting as I quickly looked at one of the televisions.

"Something wrong, Dean?" she grinned.

"Nothing.  Come on, let's go back."

I left cash on the counter for our drinks as we walked back toward the room.  Her hand snaked into mine.  I looked at her.  Her bright eyes staring right at me.

"_____, stop what you're doing.  I will ship you back to Bobby's so fast."

"You don't feel the same?" she frowned.

"I don't know.  Stop being a pain."

"Oh, okay."

"Listen, I don't want to even think about it.  I will eventually hurt you.  And then Bobby will kill me so."

It was a split second later that I found myself flying into the motel room door.  Sam looked up and jumped to attention and drew his gun.  When entering the room we noticed a glimmer in her eyes.  This wasn't her.

"Where is she?" I growled.

"Oh, she's a little out of sorts.  Puts up a hell of a fight that girl," the shifter spoke, "what better way to get close than through the Winchesters new companion?"

Dean looked over at Sam encouraging him to take a shot.  He hesitated before lowering his gun and taking a shot into the shifters right leg.  The creature crumpled over in pain.

"Tell me where she is," Dean said forcefully.

"I can do that.  Because there is a very particular group of demons looking for that girl.  They are willing to pay a lot."

Dean slammed a silver knife into the left arm of the shifter.  It howled in pain.  But even though this was a shifter it hurt him to see _____ in pain.

"Alright, shit.  There's a small cabin in the woods north of here.  A dirt road is out back, behind the motel. It's the fastest way," his voice dropped to a whisper, "I've been in that messy little head of hers.  She really has a thing for you. Sorry she will be dead before-"