Old Acquaintances.

Start from the beginning

"You are something else," I said as he shoved the salad into my hands.

"You have more of a chance to drive this car than get him to eat a salad," Sam joked.

"I could just steal the car when he's asleep," I joked.

"You wouldn't wanna do that, sweetheart," Dean retorted.

"Just drive already."

I shoved him playfully as the car started.  We drove for another four hours until we found a place to crash for the night.  Arborway Inn, a small, rustic motel on the edge of town.  It was late in the afternoon.  So they had me check in while they ran to do some research.  I got a room and walked toward it.  I turned around when I felt someone watching me. My head turned, but no one was around.  I shrugged it off and headed into the room.  The door shut behind me as I threw my bag on one of the beds.  I hurried to the bathroom and jumped in the shower. Ever since I became a hunter I never took a shower for granted ever again.  They were one of the best things in this world.  I savored the warm water for some time.  I shut the water off and grabbed a towel.  It wrapped around me as I walked into the room.  The boys would probably be gone for a while.   I pulled on a pair of jeans and a tank top.  Then dried my hair with a towel.  After rummaging through my bag I got my brush out.  I sat on the edge of the bed brushing my hair.  When I finished there was a knock on the door.  I figured it was Sam and Dean, but instead I opened the door to find a strange man staring at me.

"Wrong room, bud," I said starting to close the doors.

His hand slammed against the door as it swung open.  I ran for my bag, before I could grab my gun his fist crashed into the back of my head.  My eyes rolled back while I fell into the springy mattress that sent me bouncing backwards onto the floor.  He grabbed me by my hair and smiled.

"You'll do just fine," he cackled.

The door was cracked open when we got back to the room. Sam readied his gun and so did I.  The door swung open there was no one around.  Sam walked into the bathroom.

"She here?" I asked.

"I don't see her," Sam answered.

"Where is she?"

"Are you worried?  She can handle herself.  You did see that demon at the Gas-n-Sip, right? It was pretty messed up."

"She can't just leave like that.  I'll go look around."

"Dean, relax."

"If anything happens to her Bobby will kill us."

"I think he is more concerned about you doing something," Sam laughed.

"Like I would.  She's not even my type."

"Dean, women are your type."

"Shut up."

I walked outside and looked around.  I headed for the main office.  The clerk inside was watching a movie with his back facing the room.  I doubt he had seen her, but I asked anyway.  He said he hadn't seen her since she checked in.  I walked back out and no one was around.  I know I shouldn't be too concerned she could handle herself after all.  Weird things had been happening here. Even weirder she was gone shortly after arriving.  I went back to the room and flopped on the bed while Sam was doing research.  I took a small nap and when I woke up it was dark out.

"She back?" I asked.

"No," Sam responded while reading intently.

"So, you just sit there reading?"

"Maybe she is just out for a bit.  Don't worry about it."

"I'm gonna go get a drink."

I stormed out of the room.  How could he be so calm?  A few minutes I understand, but disappearing for a few hours in a town with a disappearing problem? Something felt wrong about this.  I walked to the bar we passed earlier.  It was about a block away.  I sat at the bar and ordered a drink.  The seat next to me slid back after a few minutes.  I looked over to see a familiar figure.