CHAPTER FIVE

Gale's eyes darted between Casden and Calus, her worry growing. "Do you think it's connected to the dream and the bright light, Casden? Could it be something... supernatural?"

Casden's gaze fell upon the floor, his thoughts consumed by the mysterious events that had unfolded. "I don't know, Gale," he admitted, his voice filled with uncertainty. "But whatever it is, we can't face it alone. We need to find answers, and we need to do it together."

Calus nodded, his expression determined. "I agree. We'll find a way to uncover the truth, Casden. We won't let this consume us."

Thelinora The prophecy~ 

Behold, as the first rays of the sun pierce through the horizon, they shall intertwine with the gentle glow of the moon, uniting in celestial harmony. Together, they shall ascend the heavens and reign supreme over the vast expanse of the skies. Once their bond is forged, the sun shall radiate with unparalleled brilliance, illuminating the path for a new era to unfold. As kingdoms crumble in their wake, an Empire shall arise, heralding an age of grandeur and power.

Yet, should the sun's vibrant light ever falter and fade away, the moon, too, shall lose its luster and existence. In the absence of their fused essence, the realm of Thelinora, once mighty and resolute, shall crumble into ruins, its glory forever lost to the annals of time.

"Facio, Voco, Ferre" - with these words, I invoke the forces of creation, calling upon their might to bring forth this tale of cosmic union.

Bethany wandered through the dimly-lit streets of Brimley, her heart heavy with worry for her ailing son, Casden. Determined to find a healer who could attend to him, she had already been turned away from three houses that night when they discovered her lack of funds. Each rejection stung like a sharp blade, and tears threatened to spill from her weary eyes.

Summoning every ounce of strength, Bethany pressed on, her feet carrying her to the fourth and final house. She took a deep breath, mustering the courage to knock on the door. As her knuckles rapped against the weathered wood, she watched the flickering glow of lights seep through the cracks, offering a glimmer of hope.

The door creaked open slowly, revealing a frail, elderly woman standing on the threshold. Bethany's voice quivered as she spoke, "I beg your pardon, ma'am, but I am in dire need of assistance for my son. He is gravely ill, and I have been turned away from every house before yours. I am unable to pay, but I implore you, please help us."

The old woman's eyes softened as she observed the desperation etched onto Bethany's face. With a gentle nod, she gestured for Bethany to enter. "Come inside, dear. Let me see what I can do for your son," she responded, her voice filled with kindness and empathy.

Bethany's heart swelled with gratitude as she stepped over the threshold, feeling a glimmer of hope that perhaps this healer would be the one to bring relief to Casden.The elderly lady meticulously observed Bethany, realizing that no one had sought her healing abilities for months. Nowadays, people gravitated towards the younger and more renowned healers. As the old woman processed the situation, she inferred that Bethany must have limited options, given her presence at the doorstep, and deduced her lack of financial means from her attire.

"Please, enlighten me, what ails the young lad?"

Relieved, Bethany witnessed a flicker of hope in the old woman's eyes, sensing her newfound willingness to lend a hand."Oh, thank heavens," Bethany exclaimed, recognizing the moment the old woman's willingness to assist her emerged. The change in her eyes was unmistakable.

"It is bitterly cold tonight, and my patience wears thin... so speak up, or I shall retreat back into the warmth and comfort of my home..."

"No! Yes... my, my boy... Casden, he is in agony, such unbearable pain... his skin feels like a furnace. We've tried everything to cool him down, but his body remains scorching hot. I don't know what to do..." Bethany pleaded, her hope resting on the old woman's ability to help. She had ventured to the tavern in search of her husband, but no one could point her in his direction. His excessive drinking was spiraling out of control. The meager savings they had would soon vanish if he continued visiting the taverns.The old woman instructed Bethany to wait as she closed the door behind her and disappeared into her house. She returned shortly, carrying a bag filled with supplies and wearing a warm coat.

Together, they made their way to Bethany's home. As they reached the top of the stairs, Bethany could hear her children talking, their voices filled with concern.

Inside, Casden lay in bed, the pain in his head gradually subsiding, but a new pain emerged in his chest. The drowsiness that enveloped his body seemed to call out to him, tempting him to succumb. It felt like a beacon in the night, its signal pulling at his consciousness. Despite his best efforts to listen to his sisters' voices and stay present, it was a difficult struggle.Despite the overwhelming pull towards the drowsiness and the impending darkness, Casden fought with every ounce of strength within him to resist. He knew deep down that tonight might be his last, that he may not wake up once his eyes closed again. But he refused to give in.

Feeling a light touch on his forehead, Casden weakly opened his eyes, barely able to focus on the new person in the room. The person urged him to drink something, promising that it would dull the pain for his journey.

Confused by the mention of a journey, Casden couldn't fully comprehend the meaning behind the words. However, the relief that surged through his body as he consumed the liquid was undeniable. It alleviated his pain, allowing his breathing to even out, and Casden let out a sigh of relief. Despite the uncertainty of his situation, he was grateful for the temporary respite the drink provided.The old healer, Bethany, sighed heavily, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness and uncertainty. She struggled to find the right words to explain the situation to Casden's family. Her family had a long lineage of believers in the outer realm, and she possessed numerous books of secrets on how to attempt to force an entry and catch glimpses into the unknown. However, what was happening to Casden was something she had witnessed before, albeit in reverse.