Chapter 1

My father married my stepmother Elizabeth two weeks ago. I call her Liz, because it's so much easier. Liz and Aiden moved in here yesterday. I'm kind of excited to have a older brother (stepbrother) but I call him brother because I'm too lazy to call him my stepbrother. He lives in the room next to mine.

Aiden is a year older than me and are one of the most popular kids at my high school. He's 17 at Junior Year. Well, he's really good looking. I've had a crush on him for a while.

I hear a knock on my door and my head snap up.
"Yeah?" I ask and my dad and my stepmom walks peeks in their heads.
"We're going out, your little sister is at her babysitter's house. We leave money on the kitchen table for you and Aiden. Order some pizza." My dad says and Liz says goodbye and shuts the door.
I feel kind of hungry to be honest.

A couple of minutes after my dad and Liz left I went to Aiden's room. He's playing at his computer. When I walk in he pauses his game and looks at me questioning.
"Are you hungry? Because I am. I can order some pizza if you want?" I suggest. He nods his head and smiles.
"Yeah that'd be great thanks. Could you order a kebab for me with extra meat and hot sauce?" He asks and I nod my head and shuts his door.

I call our local pizza place and order two pizzas, one kebab that Aiden asked for and a Capricciosa for me. The doorbell rings fifteen minutes later and I take the pizzas and hand the delivery guy his money.
"AIDEN!" I call up to him. No answer. He has probably put on his headset. I groan in frustration and I walk up the stair and opens his door.
"The pizza's here." I say and he smiles and nods and follows after me down to the kitchen. We sit down at the kitchen table and I put up half of my pizza on my plate. I start dig in and grab the rest five minutes later when I've finished my first part. Aiden looks at me with big eyes.
"What?" I question him.
"Uhm... nothing, I just didn't think you could fit in all of that into your tiny body." He laughs. I laugh at him.
"Well, I can." I joke and finish off my glass of water. I wait for when Aiden's finished.
"You'd wanna watch a movie with me?" I ask him. He looks up at me.
"Sure." He smiles and I go to pick out a movie.
"Wanna watch Star Wars?" I ask him.
"Which one?" He asks.
"The Force Awakens." I say.
"Nah, I don't like that one. Can't we like see on London Has Fallen instead?" He asks.
"We don't have that movie." I say.
"But I have it, I brought it." He says and runs up the stairs.

He comes back down with it. He hands it over to me.
"I have only seen Olympus Has Fallen, but I liked that one so why not?" I say and he smiles and put it into our DVD player.
The movie starts and I go to get popcorn and snacks. I sit down to his left, but I leave a little space because it would've been weird if I'd sit right next to him.
Suddenly I feel his arm behind me. I turn around and see that he's resting his arms there.
"Oh, I'm sorry, is it okay if I have my arms there?" He asks me.
"Yeah, no problem." I say and smile nervously.

They start shooting and the helicopter where the "president" are sitting in crashes down but he survives. But his manager thingy dies and I can't help but cry.
Aiden sees it and looks at me.
"You okay?" He asks.
"Yeah, it's just that I'm always so emotional when someone dies in a movie." I chuckle and he laughs.
"Okay." He says and rubs my shoulder in attempt to comfort me without getting too close. I can't help but smile. He's really protective.

The movie ends and I take a look at the clock. 11 pm. I'm kind of tired, I'll go to bed now I think. I clean up the snacks and throw a popcorn into my mouth and go to put the bowls in the dishwasher.
I go to bed, but I can't fall asleep. The movie was a little too brutal for my taste. I hear that Aiden's still up. Should I go in to him or go sleep on the couch? I don't know him so well. I'll go out to the couch I decide so I walk out with my pillow and sheets and lay down at the couch, putting on fox channel. Just watching some random television show and I hear Aiden walk out from his room. He's on the phone.
"I've told you to leave me alone!" He yells into the phone and hung up.
"I'm blocking this number." He mumbles and starts to tapping on his phone.
He sees me at the couch, and I look up at him.
"What's up?" I ask him.
"Nothing." He says and runs a hand through his hair nervously. He seems kind of frustrated.
"No, what's up?" I ask him.
"Just a one night stand that thinks it's more than just a one night stand." He says and fixes his hair. Oh right, I forgot. He's the school's player.

"What's up with you?" He asks.
"I couldn't sleep so I went out here instead." I say and he walks up to the couch and sits down by my feet.
"What are you watching?" He chuckles.
"Scream queens." I say and he laughs. He probably thinks that it's rubbish but it seems interesting to me.
"This is garbage." He laughs as he sees them all dressed in pink clothes probably worth more than my life. We sit there for a while and Aiden clears his throat.
"I'm going to go to sleep, if you can't sleep... Just tell me and you can sleep with me. Not in that way. Wow this went awkward." He laughs.
"I get it, it's okay I think I'm fine." I say and he chuckles.
"Anyways goodnight." He says and walks into his room.

My phone lights up. It's my dad.
[We'll stay over at a hotel for the night because both of us drank wine and we won't be able to drive home. Hope you're fine. Dad.]
I text back:
[Okay, we're fine, when are you guys back tomorrow?]
[Around 7pm, hope that's okay.]
My dad texts back and I put down my phone. I actually really like being home alone because it's so quiet and no one is complaining and I don't have to watch Charlie because she's with her babysitter until 2pm next day. Thankfully, so I won't hear her cry over that she destroyed one of her Barbie dolls until next morning.

I put down my phone after lazily scrolling through my Instagram account. I toss around the sheets for a while before I realize that I can't sleep. Should I go in to Aiden? He offered me to come in before so I don't see why not?
I decide to be brave so I open the door to his room, I see him laying in his bed, he's on his phone. He looks up at me.
"Couldn't sleep huh?" He asks and looks at me and I nod.
"Me neither." He chuckles and makes space for me next to him. I jump in under the sheets and turns around so I can avoid facing him. This feels weird. But I don't know. It's not in that kind of way it's just to comfort one another.

| Aiden's POV |

Mandy is laying on my right. I almost got the reflex to put my arms around her but that would've been weird. I feel how I slowly drift away to sleep.

*nightmare*
"Harold! This aren't you!" I hear my mother scream. I put down my Star Wars Lego toys and slowly walk towards the kitchen where I see my father sitting. Wasted as hell. He slurs on his words.
"Go make me a sandwich, bitch!" My dad yells and throws an empty wine bottle against my mom. I scream.
"And you, young boy. Go get me another beer." He says and looks at me with the look "do it otherwise you'll see on one another". I just nod my head in fear and runs towards the refrigerator. I hand him it. He grabs my wrist and I turn around and looks at him before he slaps me right towards my left cheek.
"You were too slow." He says. I feel the tears burn underneath my eyelids.
"ENOUGH!" My mom yells and walks towards me, picks me up and runs outside towards the car.
"Come back in here, otherwise I'll make you two suffer!" My dad yells as he runs towards us. Mom and I jumps into the car and then my dad is gone. Out of my life.
*end of nightmare*

"Aiden? Aiden?" I hear Mandy say and I open my eyes. I've cried again, and I'm sweaty.
"Are you okay? What were you dreaming?" Mandy asks me.
"Uhm..." I start. Should I tell her about the dream I get every single night?
"Just a nightmare about my dad." I answer and takes a look at the clock. 5 am.
"What happened to your dad?" She asks. "Not in the dream then, I mean in real life?" She asks.
"He started a drinking problem and got really abusive when he got drunk." I answer.
"Oh... I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." She says.
"It's okay." He says.
"Okay goodnight." She says and turns off the lamp.
I'll try to sleep, for Mandy but I usually don't go back to sleep. I go up and start playing on my computer instead or I'll take the car to the gym to clean out my thoughts.
But I feel myself slowly drifting back to sleep again.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Yay! First chapter!
This chapter took me so long bc I really wanna make these chapters long!
I hope y'all enjoy this story.
Don't be a silent reader, make sure to comment, rate and follow!
Xxx Hanna
-
Also merry christmas! Or for the ones who's celebrating it today/ tomorrow. Anyways I'm Sweden are we celebrating it today.
-
Words count: 1700
Pages: 11 (on phone)
Published: December 24th (2016)